"NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti" GPU does not support DirectX 10.0 which is required.

s[H]aqFU

Limp Gawd
I am having problems with galaxy gtx 660 ti, when launching anything above a dx9 game i get an error that says "your computer does not meet the minimum requirements for playing this game. "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 Ti" GPU does not support DirectX 10.0 which is required.
Very odd, it had been working fine, then one day wouldn't work with any driver i have tried. all dx9 games run fine, its just dx 10 or higher that produce that error. I have found a few people saying with this error on forums around the net, but no reply from EA/Origin or Nvidia on this.
Any ideas?

i have 2X 660TI in 2 secondary system, one paired with a i7 2600K, the other with a FX9370, no issues in any machine.. in fact i was yesterday testing the machine with the 2600K doing some synthetic benchmark and some gameplay benchmark and no issues with all the games tested from DX9 to DX11. in what games you have problem? have you tried reseating the GPU?..

i have 2X 660TI in 2 secondary system, one paired with a i7 2600K, the other with a FX9370, no issues in any machine.. in fact i was yesterday testing the machine with the 2600K doing some synthetic benchmark and some gameplay benchmark and no issues with all the games tested from DX9 to DX11. in what games you have problem? have you tried reseating the GPU?..

Considering that DX11 support became standard fare with the GeForce 500 series, the idea of any GeForce 600 series GPU not supporting it is exactly as I referred to it in the subject of this post - Just Plain Wrong.

Have not had a single DX-related issue in any game, and that's despite the totally odd combo of Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center x64, the GTX550Ti, and Q6600 CPU/Intel G41 chipset (which is itself so old it doesn't even support PCI Express 2.0).

Reinstall dx11 or 10 runtime. Maybe one of your dx9 game installs messed with it.

So, the game that isn't working is bf4. I didn't reseat the video card, but i will try that today. Far Cry 3 will only run in dx9. So its very odd. The card was working great for couple weeks, then just stopped working. I dont know what update did it, but obviously something got mucked up. I have reinstalled dx and that didn't do anything to this status.

s[H]aqFU;1040597159 said:
So, the game that isn't working is bf4. I didn't reseat the video card, but i will try that today. Far Cry 3 will only run in dx9. So its very odd. The card was working great for couple weeks, then just stopped working. I dont know what update did it, but obviously something got mucked up. I have reinstalled dx and that didn't do anything to this status.

What OS are you running? If your still running XP then you'll have to upgrade to at least win 7 given that XP never supported 10.

im on win7, all my specs in sig. The weirdest part is that it ran like a champ for 2 weeks.

Can you think of anything that might have changed about the time this started happening? New driver update, Windows patch, or anything like that? While messing with DX reinstalls, did you run dxdiag to see if it gives any further information on the error?

You might also try rebooting to safe mode to uninstall drivers, then restart to do the reinstall. So far it sounds to me like a file got corrupted somewhere.

Power off and unplug. Check the PCIE power plugs to the gfx card. Reinstall nvidia driver.

just got home from work trip, will try these suggestions tomorrow and report back

Can you think of anything that might have changed about the time this started happening? New driver update, Windows patch, or anything like that? While messing with DX reinstalls, did you run dxdiag to see if it gives any further information on the error?

You might also try rebooting to safe mode to uninstall drivers, then restart to do the reinstall. So far it sounds to me like a file got corrupted somewhere.

I think that is it for sure, just wish i could figure it out. Might be less time to reformat the ssd and windows fresh install. but somehow i feel more compelled to figure out what the hell it is that's causing the error.

s[H]aqFU;1040610689 said:
I think that is it for sure, just wish i could figure it out. Might be less time to reformat the ssd and windows fresh install. but somehow i feel more compelled to figure out what the hell it is that's causing the error.

So was dxdiag any help at all?

i was wondering about that, maybe somehow its calling out to the intel on chip video?

ok well its fixed, and that was close to what the problem was. Apparently I had inadvertently installed hp video drivers for an extra monitor i have for work that is usb connected. So it was calling out to the wrong video, but it wasn't the intel on chip, it was the shitty HP drivers. Go figure HP loading up extra crap no one wants!
But anyway, nice dx10 and 11 gaming is back on the schedule once again!

computer:0
s[H]aqFU:1

thumbsup.gif

Back