OCZ Updates Product Warranty Page

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you own a recent OCZ SSD, your drive is probably covered. If you own and older Agility series drive, your warranty expires in January 2015. If you own any other non-SSD product, including power supplies and memory, your warranty is no longer valid.

OCZ Storage Solutions is unable to provide any warranty support for the following legacy and end of life “OCZ Technology” products that were discontinued over the past year or prior: solid state drives from the following families, Core, Apex, Solid, Solid 2, Solid 3, Colossus, IBIS, Enyo, Nocti, Synapse, Octane S2, Octane S3, Onyx, Petrol, and RevoDrive Hybrid. OCZ Storage Solutions is also unable to provide any warranty support for all discontinued non-SSD category products including DRAM memory, USB drives, Power Supplies, DIY notebooks and peripherals.

Some people used to complain about "OCZ bashers" in the threads where warnings were posted about this day coming, where no company would be left to service the warranty. Where are they now?

Still on my OCZ Agility2 240gb drive without an issue. Purchased it used for $300 way back when which was an absolute STEAL.

Powered on 552 times. 3 years, 2 months, 5 days, 7 hours of work time. 100% health still. 13056GB read, 3840GB written.

After I got screwed out of a mail in rebate on a 4 gig match set of DDR for my first socket 939 build I never bought from them again.
Looks like I'm never going to be tempted to again! :D

funny thing....I went to the OCZ offices in Sunnyvale a few years ago since I need to get some really old memory RMA'ed....which had their "lifetime warranty"

suffice it to say, they couldn't honor it; they didn't have any more of that type of memory anymore.

hadn't bought an OCZ product since.

This day was bound to happen when the big HDD / Flash manufacturers entered the SSD market.

I still have as daily OS drives in computers around the house:

2x OCZ Agilty 60GB drives. Raid 0 since 2008 with no issues.
1x Vertex 3, no issues
1x Agilty 3 , no issues

Warranty is still good on the newer ones, and the older ones were out of warranty already.

I will most likely never buy an OCZ drive again, because I don't like Toshiba, but kudos to them for honoring the warranty.

Oh shit, I have a 500 watt OCZ power supply in my other PC. It's a couple years old, so I think it's still covered?

Why the fuck did I buy an OCZ product? Fuck was I thinking?

funny thing....I went to the OCZ offices in Sunnyvale a few years ago since I need to get some really old memory RMA'ed....which had their "lifetime warranty"

suffice it to say, they couldn't honor it; they didn't have any more of that type of memory anymore.

hadn't bought an OCZ product since.

"Lifetime" is an interesting term here. Most people just assume it's the lifetime of the person buying it, but that's not always the case. Sometimes it's the "lifetime" of the product or product line.

"A lifetime warranty is usually a guarantee on the lifetime of the product on the market rather than the lifetime of the consumer, although it can be defined in various ways.[6] If a product has been discontinued and is no longer available, the warranty may last a limited period longer"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warranty

You could even define lifetime as the life time of that particular item, so when it break the warranty ends.

"Lifetime" warranties are generally meaningless.

Doesn't really matter, if the tech holds up for a couple of years that's all you need anyway you A) got your money's worth and B) new tech took old tech's place.

I have an original Agility 120GB from 2008ish. It's just now starting to flake out. I'd say I got my monies worth.

agility drives that I got from RMA are still going strong :D

I'm thinking they fixed whatever issues there were.

I bought a PCPC Silencer Mk III 500W last November. It looks like I would be out of luck if it ever has a problem that needs servicing.

I stopped considering OCZ solid state drives when I saw that over 90 percent of the refurb. drives on Newegg were OCZ. Kingston just repaired some old HyperX DDR memory for me last year but they did say it's lifetime was over.

Did OCZ get bought by someone. Wasn't that the rumor/news a few months ago?

Haha well that explains so much. Didn't Toshiba have the worst rating of HDD in the backblaze article that came out last week?

Yea they had very few Toshiba drives. I just went and looked at the chart. Is Toshiba's storage division any good?

I only have one Toshiba drive a 2.5" 1TB one, haven't had any issues with it.

Toshiba seam to make most of the large capacity 2.5" hdds.

Back