GTA V PC Pre-Orders Starting Friday?

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this site (translator required), pre-orders for the PC version of GTA V will start this Friday. What makes this rumor any more credible that the two billion other "GTA coming PC" rumors? Nothing really, I just wanted to get your hopes up again. ;)

It has been rumored for a definitive version of Grand Theft Auto V to PC, and today we got a sign that it is indeed coming, and it probably decently soon additionally. It's Swedish Cnet as the end of this week will begin taking pre-bookings of just Grand Theft Auto V to PC, something they hardly would do if they had not received any indication that it is actually going.

Already played it through, got bored of multi-player, although MODS will be awesome.

Already played it through, got bored of multi-player, although MODS will be awesome.

I'm not a fan of GTA at all, but I love the modding that went into the last PC one so I purchased it just to fool around with it (Maybe like 45 minutes of actual gameplay). I'm really excited to see if it alters the online at all. Just Modded servers filled with people using modded things.

gamestop started taking preorders of DNF about 10 years before it came out. so other online stores doing it for this game doesn't mean much lol

Not even for GTA V will I ever preorder a game. Upside is when it's released I can buy it and won't get upset if it's delayed or falsely reported it's coming out :)

I have only preordered twice in my life: BF3 and Starcraft 2. I want GTA V on PC so bad but I won't preorder. I'll buy once it actually releases.

I have only preordered twice in my life: BF3 and Starcraft 2. I want GTA V on PC so bad but I won't preorder. I'll buy once it actually releases.

I'll pre-order only because I have a good idea what the experience will be like due to the game having been out on other platforms and patched multiple times. Thus the gameplay should be a good experience. The only potential problem might be technical but technical issues I find are fixed quicker in patches than core gameplay mechanics. Plus, I don't really expect Rockstar to deliver a product that won't launch for example.

Swedens largest videogame store, Webhallen, is also taking GTA 5 PC pre-orders.
http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/spel/pc/113061-grand_theft_auto_v&atcl=start:focus

Interesting. Makes me wonder if a web-developer with photoshop made that Box Art of if that Box Art is a legitimate one provided from a source at Rockstar Games? As if some kind of press release accidentally got sent out early to Swedish media for whatever reason(accident, purposeful to generate buzz, other)

Personally I think someone has a few screws loose to pre-order anything. Oh well guess some people just never learn.

Personally I think someone has a few screws loose to pre-order anything. Oh well guess some people just never learn.
I'd preorder if they offered significant discount to mitigate the risk.

Usually preorders are full price though, which is retarded.

I know right? I made that mistake once, with Diablo 3 and look where that game landed. Never ever again will I pre-order anything, or for that matter buy a game even on first release. Frankly, with games free falling in price so much, so quickly it's stupid to buy the game at, or near, full price.

GTAV is much different than GTAIV. The MP Beta they have now is way more ambitious and had amazing promise till they kept making stupid design changes through their patches. But the SP is great. It really feels like you are playing a movie and the 3 character style really works well.

It's a good game for the SP. The MP is just a beta for when they release GTAVI and do it right.

I would not buy it again on the PC and frankly this is the last GTA game I'll buy. Amongst all the fun I had spending 400hrs on MP, it also made me rage quite a bit due to some of the basic shit they fucked up.

I'd preorder if they offered significant discount to mitigate the risk.

Usually preorders are full price though, which is retarded.

Yeah there really needs to be some sort of incentive to pre-order other than a chance you won't get it on the very first day, and I don't mean a different texture for the player's outfit or something. If there's digital distribution (i.e. via steam) then there's zero reason to worry about not getting it early, and while it might affect the Steam servers a bit probably no where close to when they have their big sales.

I not only want this is on Steam, I want it to be dual-platform to include SteamOS/Linux

I'll just buy on release. But finally, I can't wait for the mods to start being developed :).

Didn't GTA4 run more off CPU cycles to limit you? Or am I thinking of another port?

Either way, hope my 460 is still good enough to get me at least PS3 levels :D

I know I'm asking a lot, but if we were able to use the same online character that we spent all our time building up on the console, also on the PC, I'd be sooo happy.

Back