Seth Rogen Is Your Stoner OS Boyfriend in 'Him'

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
You knew if someone made a ‘Her’ movie based on a strange relationship between a man and his computer’s operating system, that it was inevitable that a ‘Him’ version would have to be the parodied response. :D

Honestly...this is how the movie should of gone anyhow. Far more likely for a female to develop an emotional relationship with an AI than it is for a guy. Don't get me wrong, I think JP is a fantastic actor. I just think the premise of the movie her was entirely implausible.

Honestly...this is how the movie should of gone anyhow. Far more likely for a female to develop an emotional relationship with an AI than it is for a guy. Don't get me wrong, I think JP is a fantastic actor. I just think the premise of the movie her was entirely implausible.

Yeah, I'm in complete agreement with you there. Well...unless it can control a real doll.

You don't know desperate guys then.

As part of a different online community I have known a few guys that have developed feeling for a woman that they have only talked to via online chat rooms and Skype / Google hang out. Women that did nothing special other than talk to them. This was enough for a few of these guys to claim that they had feeling for these women and loved them. One such guy would talk with a group of people, one of them being a female. he would develop feeling for her, claim he loved her and then find that she was physically closer to somebody else in the group and they were going out. he would be heart broken and in a depressed state for a few weeks. then would lock onto another woman, she would turn him down, same thing then he would be depressed. repeat every few months. he tried to kill himself twice because of these women not wanting to date him. Replace said women he was interacting with online with an AI that can be semi intelligent and he would have had the same feelings. Just having somebody ask him about his day, about his projects... that was enough for him to fall for these women.

When looking at the type of man that is out picking up a new girl to fuck every weekend, no he wouldn't be the type of person that would every fall for an AI. But if you get the desperate people that don't know how to ask a girl out, that are too shy to interact with them, guys that are socially awkward.... then they are very likely to fall for an AI as they would fall for anyone / anything that gave them the time of day.

Did you see the pants that were "fashion" in the movie? Where as today's fashion are about 6 inches away from "old man that doesn't care" they were maybe an inch away from that. Obviously men have given up, and trying to make sexy-time with a computer program isn't that much of a shocker.

As part of a different online community I have known a few guys that have developed feeling for a woman that they have only talked to via online chat rooms and Skype / Google hang out. Women that did nothing special other than talk to them.

I had a relationship that started out like that (#computerhelp on Undernet). After 6 months of talking online, we finally meet in person and ended up living happily together for 7 years

...and then she cheated on me...

I come home late one night after hanging out with my friends, and she apparently thought I had been intentionally avoiding her, so she says to me "So... when did you figure out I was cheating on you?" my totally honest response was "I had no idea, but thanks for telling me"

Well, guys do use phone sex lines more than women, but a purely emotional relationship... for a straight guy? That's like the opposite of what guys go for... goal is usually how much sex can you have with the minimum of talk-time.

As part of a different online community I have known a few guys that have developed feeling for a woman that they have only talked to via online chat rooms and Skype / Google hang out. Women that did nothing special other than talk to them. This was enough for a few of these guys to claim that they had feeling for these women and loved them. One such guy would talk with a group of people, one of them being a female. he would develop feeling for her, claim he loved her and then find that she was physically closer to somebody else in the group and they were going out. he would be heart broken and in a depressed state for a few weeks. then would lock onto another woman, she would turn him down, same thing then he would be depressed. repeat every few months. he tried to kill himself twice because of these women not wanting to date him. Replace said women he was interacting with online with an AI that can be semi intelligent and he would have had the same feelings. Just having somebody ask him about his day, about his projects... that was enough for him to fall for these women.

When looking at the type of man that is out picking up a new girl to fuck every weekend, no he wouldn't be the type of person that would every fall for an AI. But if you get the desperate people that don't know how to ask a girl out, that are too shy to interact with them, guys that are socially awkward.... then they are very likely to fall for an AI as they would fall for anyone / anything that gave them the time of day.

Actually I do, and the concept of even desperate guys developing an "emotional" relationship with an inanimate object with ZERO chance ever of there being sex..Laughable.

Well, guys do use phone sex lines more than women, but a purely emotional relationship... for a straight guy? That's like the opposite of what guys go for... goal is usually how much sex can you have with the minimum of talk-time.

Correct..anything that can lead to the potential minimum "Fantasy" of being with a real woman sure. At the end of the day males end goal is Sex..period. The only ones attempting to convince you otherwise are those trying to push feminist anti-male agenda (like the ones who scripted this movie). A man Developing a "Strictly" emotional relationship with zero chance of sex or at least the fantasy of having sex with the woman on the other end of the line? A complete load of shit. Again, put a woman in the main characters role with the AI being male and sure I can buy that.

I had a relationship that started out like that (#computerhelp on Undernet). After 6 months of talking online, we finally meet in person and ended up living happily together for 7 years

...and then she cheated on me...

I come home late one night after hanging out with my friends, and she apparently thought I had been intentionally avoiding her, so she says to me "So... when did you figure out I was cheating on you?" my totally honest response was "I had no idea, but thanks for telling me"

last paragraph really makes the story worth sharing

If it was really seth, i bet it would of been funny. I still watched it, because i just saw that "her" movie last week,.

588252d1302073265-cloud-girlfriend-impress-your-facebook-friends-fake-girlfriend-krieger.jpg

Meh.

Back