Two completely different monitors don't like each other

Hotwir3

n00b
Two monitors:

Samsung 1680 x 1050 60Hz

ASUS VG248QE 1080p 144Hz (Using 120Hz lightboost hack though)

So I have my monitors on working perfectly but as soon as I drag some programs (Teamspeak, Winamp are apps I've noticed so far) into the 60Hz monitor, the refresh rate of the Asus drop to 60 Hz. So I can't game at 120 Hz and have TS open in the Samsung monitor.

Any solutions?

I have a 7970.

and lose performance?
I know as soon as windows freaks and turns off Aero for me performance goes in the shitter, where on my brothers system it helps performance me 7870 Phenom II 955 bro 6870 Phenom 9850.
Could be one of the settings in the performance options menu for windows i.e system-advanced-performance settings, though it could also be a bug with the current drivers you are using for the 7970, I am using 2 60Hz monitors so do not know though 1 is an Acer via DIV other is a Samsung via dvi-hdmi cord.

FYI Lightboost is an Nvidia thing, you sure that is not the issue?

Disabling Aero did not help. As soon as I hook up the 60Hz monitor, the Asus monitor gets horrible lag, ghosting, and the refresh rate seems to drop to 60Hz (could even be worse, it feels like it).

Last edited:
Make the Asus the primary monitor.

I remember trying to game on a secondary monitor and it would have a severe frame rate drop.

Back