Cops: Beware Of iPads Made Of Wood

HardOCP News

[H] News
It amazes me how many people fall for crap like this.

The victims paid cash for what they thought were brand-name electronics wrapped in bubble wrap with store labeling and accessories (see pictures), but once the packaging was peeled away, they discovered they had paid hundreds of dollars for big pieces of wood.

Seriously folks, don't fall for that iPad made of wood stuff. Speaking of wood tricks, you can't even trust an open box of money these days.

It's Modesto... which means it is about 15 steps lower than rural Alabama in intelligence levels.

You can go anywhere in the country and find these kinds of scams being pulled everyday.

Yup and iSheeple are good targets.

The fine article says Ceres, not Modesto. Ceres is like a third world country compared to Modesto.

The reason it works is that these are usually sold to hoodrats that are used to buying stolen property at a tremendous discount.

The deals are done by a trunk and rather quickly with no questions asked, because the buyer doesn't want to know where it comes from. Why else would a random guy be selling new merchandise out of his car unless it was stolen?

So really these scammers are doing society a service by praying on those that participate in the black market.

Yup and iSheeple are good targets.

Especially if the sheeples are part of the crowd that commute from the Central Valley to the SF Bay area. The guys did their research and found themselves a target rich environment.

Especially if the sheeples are part of the crowd that commute from the Central Valley to the SF Bay area. The guys did their research and found themselves a target rich environment.

If you have a Bay Area high tech job, that shizzle comes in boxes stamped amzn with free 2-day shipping. Unfortunately the people that lose money to these scams are most likely the ones that really didn't have extra to lose in the first place.

when paying cash always check the merchandise thoroughly. Don't just give it a book cover overview. At least this person learned a valuable lesson.

If you have a Bay Area high tech job, that shizzle comes in boxes stamped amzn with free 2-day shipping. Unfortunately the people that lose money to these scams are most likely the ones that really didn't have extra to lose in the first place.

Yeah, people in tech don't have time to be wandering around looking for stolen goods to buy. They're busy working 60+ hours a week and have to do all their shopping on Amazon. I should know.

Why should the police waste their time on this shit.

Let's see.....look honey, that nice man is going to sell me a brand new iPad for $200.
He says he's a traveling salesman, he sells the iPads from his trunk.

You can't fix stupid.

You get what you get, don't go crying to the police.

[21CW]killerofall;1040574453 said:
On topic: Some people don't realize that if a deal is too good to be true, then it likely is.
Stolen merchandise is usually much cheaper than new, as long as you're willing to not ask any questions or report the guy selling it.

All I need is a table saw.... and some I pad sticker and paint those suckers up =)

Stolen merchandise is usually much cheaper than new, as long as you're willing to not ask any questions or report the guy selling it.

If you're willing to buy stolen merchandise because fuck it you're getting a good deal, karma kind of dictates that it comes back to smack you. No honor among thieves and all that rot.

Back