Microsoft Sold 3.9M Xbox One Consoles

3.9m to sold to stores, 3.1m-ish sold through before everyone starts fighting.

Not surprising. Look at our elected officials to see where the nation is for critical thinking.

Oh, does the system and its games become more fun the more the console sells?

eh -- i was half considering buying one just because I got a new Samsung 55" Smart TV.... but then came to my senses and will just wait. The only game I want (Forza) reviews said it's a grind fest of stupi anyway.

eh -- i was half considering buying one just because I got a new Samsung 55" Smart TV.... but then came to my senses and will just wait. The only game I want (Forza) reviews said it's a grind fest of stupi anyway.

Hookup your PC and game away. Maybe get a controller if you need it, and boom you got your "next-gen console" smashing machine ;)

Like most I'm waiting, I'll probably get a one, but I'm waiting to see if the one gains any additional media capabilities.

....well yes if it means more kids on MP servers....

Fixed that for ya

KNk1iU2.jpg

Not to knock the Xbox numbers, but stock might have a factor too. At Fry's today I saw a good amount of Xbox stock but no PS4's.

I'm just glad both consoles are selling like gang busters. I hope the trend continues so developers move away from multi generation games and focus on ps4 and Xbox one development.

Not to knock the Xbox numbers, but stock might have a factor too. At Fry's today I saw a good amount of Xbox stock but no PS4's.

Well you can't exactly sell what you don't have out there for sell. With that said. I have places around me with PS4s on the shelf and no Xbox Ones. Other places have neither, and some have both. Just depends on that area as to what they send there and how well they sell.

Was the same way last console release. While there were places / people unable to get any Wiis there were also places that had 10 sitting on the shelf at any given time. For some reason they don't seem to plan out how they send them to stores based on actual demand. They just decide this store get X number of consoles and then regardless if they sold what they had or not they still get a few more next shipment even if other stores are always sold out. Would make more sense to keep the supplies flowing to the stores that sell out the fastest, but that doesn't ever seem to be how things get released to stores be it games or consoles.

Well you can't exactly sell what you don't have out there for sell. With that said. I have places around me with PS4s on the shelf and no Xbox Ones. Other places have neither, and some have both. Just depends on that area as to what they send there and how well they sell.

And, my sample size was exceedingly small- one store. :D

Was also in a Target yesterday, and I saw neither console.

I'm guessing no one really read the article, they posted some pretty nice revenue numbers.

Unless Sony can get some positive, they are going to have to sell off more office buildings.

Hookup your PC and game away. Maybe get a controller if you need it, and boom you got your "next-gen console" smashing machine ;)

Funny enough I already have a media PC that's I built a while ago sitting in the living room -- currently it's housing two 7970's for a mining box that's out of the way. Even though I've never gamed on it, it already has more than double the power of any xbox one or PS4 lol

The real gaming machine is in my bedroom -- crossfire 290s on a 1440p display.

Suck on that one consoles.

(it may sound like I'm talking shit, but I wouldn't mind having an xbox one, it's just no where near worth the asking price of $500 dollars to me. My TV already has integrated netflix, hulu, amazon streaming, facebook, youtube, and god knows what else (i've only played with it for 20 min so far).

Why go drop half a grand + cost of games just to play a racing game that has graphics that are maybe 15% better than what I have now? I'd rather pay off my car early.

The PS4 is being sold through 48 territories around the world, (now 53) vs 13 for the Xbox One. Both of them probably have the same amount of machines available so of course it's going to be easier to find a Xbox.

This is cool. The more they sell, the larger the user base and the more improvements will come down the pipeline.

Sounds about right, there are about 3 million 14 year old fanbois in America that can relentlessly pester their parents to buy them.

Sounds about right, there are about 3 million 14 year old fanbois in America that can relentlessly pester their parents to buy them.

Now I remember why I put you on my ignore list, thanks for the heads up reminder. :D

Actually forza is fun. Very fun but forza is forza. It does become a grindfest after a while but you friends drivetars does keep you challenged and entertained.

Was the same way last console release. While there were places / people unable to get any Wiis there were also places that had 10 sitting on the shelf at any given time. For some reason they don't seem to plan out how they send them to stores based on actual demand. They just decide this store get X number of consoles and then regardless if they sold what they had or not they still get a few more next shipment even if other stores are always sold out. Would make more sense to keep the supplies flowing to the stores that sell out the fastest, but that doesn't ever seem to be how things get released to stores be it games or consoles.

I finally saw an xb1 in my walmart this past week. And they only had 1 in stock. M$ is really doing a good job of keeping them in stock.

Now I remember why I put you on my ignore list, thanks for the heads up reminder. :D

I like how this is your explanation for any post you don't agree with, and that you only say it to get attention and don't actually ignore them.

Actually forza is fun. Very fun but forza is forza. It does become a grindfest after a while but you friends drivetars does keep you challenged and entertained.

I finally saw an xb1 in my walmart this past week. And they only had 1 in stock. M$ is really doing a good job of keeping them in stock.

I enjoy seeing how far I can knock them off the track in single player. It is an amazing breakthrough though as it is a step above computer controlled AI.

Those sales figures were part of the financial results released for FY Q2'14.

There were some other interesting tidbits in it, D&C (consumer) license sales were down 6% (PC sales fell 10%) and consumer Office license sales were particularly hard hit: down by 24% YoY. Pro versions of Windows in D&C were up 12%, but non-Pro versions were down 20%. Win8.x Pro has downgrade rights, which of course isn't relevant to anything at all. Move along. ;)

Surface is still selling at a loss.

It's all sunshine on the commercial side though:

Commercial Licensing revenue grew seven percent to $11 billion, and gross margin was up eight percent to $10 billion. System Center revenue grew by double digits, SQL Server Premium licensing by more than 25 percent, and Hyper-V gained five points of share. Windows volume licensing also grew by 10 percent, with Microsoft saying that business PC purchases were up for the third quarter in a row.

And that led to another record quarterly profit. http://arstechnica.com/information-...d-microsoft-posts-record-revenue-for-q2-2014/

Those sales figures were part of the financial results released for FY Q2'14.

There were some other interesting tidbits in it, D&C (consumer) license sales were down 6% (PC sales fell 10%) and consumer Office license sales were particularly hard hit: down by 24% YoY. Pro versions of Windows in D&C were up 12%, but non-Pro versions were down 20%. Win8.x Pro has downgrade rights, which of course isn't relevant to anything at all. Move along. ;)

It's all sunshine on the commercial side though:

And that led to another record quarterly profit. http://arstechnica.com/information-...d-microsoft-posts-record-revenue-for-q2-2014/

Thanks PXC this is interesting stuff.

There were some other interesting tidbits in it, D&C (consumer) license sales were down 6% (PC sales fell 10%) and consumer Office license sales were particularly hard hit: down by 24% YoY.

The article you linked says that Microsoft attributes 2/3rds of this decline due to a shift from perpetual to Office 365 subscriptions. I have strong feeling the other 1/3rd was due to the bundling of Student & Home edition licenses with smaller screen hybrids and tablets.

A doubling of sales and revenues, certainly in the right direction and the loss was "only" 39 million. Though the cost of revenue does seem way to high. But there was a pretty severe shortage of Surfaces both regular and Pro during the holiday, not sure what happened there but it was a big mistake not to have had inventory on hand that looks like it would have sold.

Back