Facebook To Show Fewer Text-Only Posts

HardOCP News

[H] News
How many people think this will make Facebook worse than it already is?

We are learning that posts from Pages behave differently to posts from friends and we are working to improve our ranking algorithms so that we do a better job of differentiating between the two types. This will help us show people more content they want to see. Page admins can expect a decrease in the distribution of their text status updates, but they may see some increases in engagement and distribution for other story types.

I have, and always think that "Show All Posts in Reverse Chronological Order" should be an available setting. Period.

I find myself only checking facebook when someone says so and so posted pictures of some worthwhile event or when I need to message someone I don't have a number for. Most times its to get their number. Other than those few events, I don't bother with the site. I've uninstalled it from my phone, use it so sparingly that it doesn't show up in my top 10 sites anymore and I couldn't care less.

I just got tired of the ads, the horrible "wall" mechanics, and the last straw for me, instant video play on mobile. I mean, I still have unlimited data and all, but its the principal of the thing.

Principle*

curse you lack of editing!

Additionally, the terrible privacy settings.

I have, and always think that "Show All Posts in Reverse Chronological Order" should be an available setting. Period.

I second this. And furthermore its my feed I should have way more control over what I am seeing not be at the mercy of what Facebook thinks I want to see.

I have stopped using facebook since someone had made a comment about a political subject and I disagreed with them.. Facebook told me I couldn't do that and banned me for a week... I emailed Facebook and called them out on it and they said that they encourage open mindedness... Isn't it close mindedness when they only allow one side of an argument?

I don't see this as making things worse. Most "Pages" people pay attention to (eg. "silly cat videos," "geeky stuff," etc, etc) exist because people want to see their pictures and videos. They don't care about their random text posts. Most pages realize this too, and thus don't post many text posts to begin with.

Friends, however are treated differently. I want to see my friends text posts as well as their pictures. Facebook is recognizing that, and adapting accordingly. Less junk, more content.

I don't see this as making things worse. Most "Pages" people pay attention to (eg. "silly cat videos," "geeky stuff," etc, etc) exist because people want to see their pictures and videos. They don't care about their random text posts. Most pages realize this too, and thus don't post many text posts to begin with.

Friends, however are treated differently. I want to see my friends text posts as well as their pictures. Facebook is recognizing that, and adapting accordingly. Less junk, more content.

This.

Thats fine but why is it up to facebook to decide that. Its my feed and I should be able to determine what I want to see and what I dont want to see all on my own.

How about you show me all the posts from my friends that I mark SHOW ME ALL!

Geeze how hard is that?

Back