Netflix Earns First Oscar Nomination

Accept we are all forgetting one thing. We no longer have net neutrality. That means, if you want to use steaming services like Netflix, it will cost you an extra extra premium on top of your cable bill ....

No doubt ABC, Fox, NBC, etc are having backroom talks with ATT, Verizon, TW, etc etc etc to end this streaming BS so they can protect their revenue stream asap.

Thank god I have Google Fiber.

For a brief moment, I thought this was a Half-Life 3 screen shot. :cool:

Accept we are all forgetting one thing. We no longer have net neutrality. That means, if you want to use steaming services like Netflix, it will cost you an extra extra premium on top of your cable bill ....

No doubt ABC, Fox, NBC, etc are having backroom talks with ATT, Verizon, TW, etc etc etc to end this streaming BS so they can protect their revenue stream asap.

I'm sure this is a response to something, somewhere... :confused:

I'm sure this is a response to something, somewhere... :confused:

This thread, actually.

Or do you think Comcast is going to let people actually watch Netflix at anything other than modem-era speeds and quality, when they are pushing their own competing (and truly shitty, so needs every underhanded trick it can get) service in Xfinity On Demand?

It's not like it is even hypothetical - why do I have to buy 300 stations if I want even one or two channels more than over-the-air basic? Because "I'm Comcast, and I have a monopoly, so fuck you, customer, and remember to say thank you afterwards."

It was nice while it lasted...

Or do you think Comcast is going to let people actually watch Netflix at anything other than modem-era speeds and quality, when they are pushing their own competing (and truly shitty, so needs every underhanded trick it can get) service in Xfinity On Demand?
Comcast is bound to adhere to net neutrality principles until 2018, under terms of their agreement with the government that facilitated Comcast's purchase of NBC in 2011.

So, Comcasters, you have a four year refrain until a new level of suck descends upon your internet service.

I'm still praying for Google Fiber and cable here in rural Ohio.

Thank God I have private trackers.

I listened to an hour long interview with the film maker ( Jehane Noujaim ) on Bob Edwards' program last week. She was very passionate, articulate and informative as to the Egyptian citizen's struggle to transform their society.

Bob talks to Egyptian-American filmmaker Jehane Noujaim about her newest documentary, The Square. It’s about the Egyptian revolution that began with the overthrow of dictator Hosni Mubarak in January of 2011, through the military coup against the country’s first elected President, Mohammed Morsi of the Muslim Brotherhood, last June. Noujaim and her crew survived arrests, multiple beatings by police and the army to make the film. It’s told from the perspective of several protesters who became friends, including a young, unemployed college graduate, the Egyptian-Scottish actor who starred in the Kite Runner, and a member of the Muslim Brotherhood. The Square has been shortlisted for an Oscar, and will premiere on Netflix January 19th.

http://www.bobedwardsradio.com/

Back