Help choosing a 27" Glossy screen preferrably

I'll put it like this. With me, it's about 65% just browsing, 20% movies and 15% gaming. I currently have the 32" Sony W6 I paid $600 for. I don't notice any pixels as I sit 2 feet from the screen. 24" is too small, reading text can be eye squinting. I figure, I can return this Sony tv and buy at least two monitors. They have to be VESA mountable. At least similar in PQ to the Sony. Around $250 or so as I'd like to purchase two for now. Possibly a third in the long run. I don't need anything over 60hz as it's fine with me. 1080p is ideal. I don't play much of PC games anymore so no need for ultra 1337 specs. Minimal ghosting, input lag, glossy screen, 1080p, vesa mountable, non ips/pls, is what I'm looking at. Or at the very least, a very light AG coating similar to the Sony.

So far the closest I've come to finding one is the BenQ 2750HM? But it has a heavy AG coating and I'm not trying to remove it. I removed some coating on an older acer monitor I have and it came out fine. I just don't want to take the risk with newer monitors. That ACER is tough as nails and still running strong since 2008.

OH and another thing I forgot to mention. NO ASUS. I can't stand that company after the monitor I bought a few years ago. ASUS VH242H. Worst purchase I've ever bought. Muddy brown whites, with charcoal looking blacks with snow colored bleeding on all sides. First ASUS purchase and last. First Impressions mean everything to me.

Also, what's a good three way vesa mount, or two way under $100?

BenQ GW2760HS
BenQ EW2740L
Samsung s27c750p
IIYAMA X2783HSU-B1
The three variants of the Asus VN279.

As far as I know, these are your options unless you want to look into TN panels.

What about an IPS variant?

Are there any non TN glossy Acer 27 Vesa mountable glossy screen or semi glossy screen monitors?

I thought you said you are not interested in IPS? Check out the Dell S2740L then, it's a glossy 1080p IPS. I wouldn't buy it if the overdrive implementation is as bad as I know Dell's is.

The Dell S2740L isn't glossy, it uses glass which is far more reflective than glossy coatings and it suffers from very obvious overshoot ghosting and has grayish blacks.

http://wecravegamestoo.com/forums/m...740l-review-1920x1080-edge-ege-glass-ips.html

There are no glossy, VESA compliant 1080p IPS and the glossy models (Acer S275HL, HP Envy, 27Xi and 27BW) all use LED PWM Dimming (PWM Side Effects). The Acer has the same obvious overshoot ghosting issues as the S2740L.

Also, a 250$ monitor will not match the 600$ Sony which is essentially as good as the highest end LCD TV's. Dismissing a brand because one had a single bad experience with a single budget monitor is irrational and immature.

This thread has links to reviews of the best 1080p VA panels:

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1780409&highlight=

Last edited:
Having two monitors will be better for me. The Sony had some minor ghosting but excellent input lag. 30ms according to DisplayLag. Felt almost as good as the TN Acer I have from years ago. I can up the budged to $350 and just save again for a second one.

Back