Pizza Hut Sold $1 Million Through Xbox 360 App in 4 Months

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Xbox 360 wasn’t the only ongoing hit with the gamers out there, Xbox 360 owners also gave a pretty good workout to the Pizza Hut App over a four month period.:D

The Pizza Hut app on Xbox Live launched in April of last year, featuring the chain's menu and also supporting Kinect and voice commands for customers to customize their own pizzas.

If you build it they will come ... more of a Papa Johns fan myself :D

Pretty cool if you think about it.

But,

Pizza Hut has cheapened the pizza to an all time low. It's basically one step up from Cici's. Hardly any cheese, toppings keep getting reduced, I saw somewhere 30% less toppings than 2003 or 04'. All in name of the cheap $10 dollar pizza.

Papa Murphy's has the best pizza as long as you don't mind baking.

God Father's is a personal favorite but they've decided to raise prices instead of cheapening the pizza down to where you can lick off the toppings like Pizza Hut.

But, kids don't care. They don't know any better.

Our local pizza Hut rocks. The papa john's sucks and always forgets shit.

I been eating pizza hut for over 20 years and can not tell any difference in the amount of toppings. So I think your full of it naturally and unless you have proof that indeed they do use 30-40% less toppings I would say your just trolling.

Papa Johns>Pizza Hut, although there's plenty of local places around here that are infinitely better than any of the big 3. They're a little more expensive, but well worth it for the occasional pizza.

I have to wonder, though, out of that $1 million, how many of them would have ordered pizza via the Internet or over the phone anyway if the app wasn't there.

The buffalo wings with blue cheese are always good.

I remember when EQ2 had the /pizza for ordering pizza hut. I found myself using that command quite a bit.

Of course this was a big hit. You can order food from the Xbox you're already playing. Of course us PC guys have been able to do this for a long time.

I don't eat pizza hut with their premade frozen crusts. When I go into Papa John's they are making the pizza crusts in real time. Winning.

One of the perks of living in NY state..Papa Johns is one of the worst pizza's available in my area. And that isn't a slam on them as I Love me some Papa Johns. It is just we have a ton of crazy good pizza.

Back on topic - This doesn't surprise me in the least. I am pretty sure I called this a while back when the app was mentioned and a bunch of people were poo pooing it. Pizza hut has good pizza in it's own right. Their sauce and dough are tasty and let's be honest those are the most important bits. I've been to good pizza huts and bad ones over the years, but I will say the guy comparing them to Cici's is just flat full of it. Either he has a horrible pizza hut or is just exaggerating shit.

There are no Pizza huts in the area I live now, which is sorta a shame. Sometimes I like the NY styles which are plentiful here, sometimes I like the dryer pan style that Papa Johns does and sometimes I just enjoy a nice greasy pizza hut pan. /shrug I guess I just like good pizza and don't find the need to limit myself to only one.

Before you say someone is trolling, do a little research. What do I care? I stopped eating there a long long time ago. God forbid you ever eat any real pizza with the correct amount of cheese and toppings, you will probably choke to death. And another thing, can you stop being so sensitive? Sounds almost as if I made you cry or something. Oh and there was some sort of legal threat a few years back, maybe longer because of some Pizza Hut commercial where they showed all this gooey cheese stringing from slices of pizza but the family that made the complaint said you don't get that much cheese on your Pizza Hut Pizza, which you don't. I bet you're also oblivious to all the store groceries you buy, from can goods, to cake mixes to frozen items and even ice cream, basically everything in the last 24 months has had it's portions cut down and prices raised. Hand soup, you name it. There was even a quarterly call with CEO Scott Bergren from Yum Brands / Pizza Hut where he talks about market re-alignment, the treat of value oriented Pizza from competitors. He talks directly to criticism about Pizza Hut no longer offering bone-in Wings on Wings Wed but about them modifying their Pizza Product to meet their competitors head on in the value segment going forward, I.E. Less toppings. The same interview I read is out there for you to read if you want .....

I can't recall the last time I had pizza. I want to say it was some time in high school which would put it at being at least nine years ago. I just have never really cared for it, though admittedly I've never had what I would consider a really good pizza either.

I remember when eq1 integrated the pizza order form into their ui. Never used it but I heard it worked very well.

/pizza

I'll take a $5 Little Caesar's pizza over a $10 value pizza from the Hut any day. I know they're not the best - but for $5, there's very little to complain about. Even better is the fact that a single pie will last me dinner and lunch the next day. :D

And this is why Americans are so fat. :D
Pizza Hut has cheapened the pizza to an all time low. It's basically one step up from Cici's. Hardly any cheese, toppings keep getting reduced, I saw somewhere 30% less toppings than 2003 or 04'. All in name of the cheap $10 dollar pizza.
Pizza in general I think has taken a HUGE dive since the pizza wars back in the day.

Remember when it was loaded with toppings to the max, tons of cheese, and if it took longer than 30 mins to arrive at your door it was free? Nowadays, I hardly ever see an email that says it'll be to me sooner than 45mins, usually an hour and their delivery range is very small.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bri0SA7FTf4

But no matter, I had no idea how bad pizza was for you until recently... didn't really care. But yeah, if you eat three slices of a healthier pizza like Papajohns (others are worse):
http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-papa-johns-original-crust-pizza-i54245

That's half of your daily calorie intake, 117% of your daily salt intake, and about 90% of your daily saturated fat intake. Eat half the pizza, as I've done before, and you're at around 240% salt intake and your entire days calories lol!

Pretty cool if you think about it.

But,

Papa Murphy's has the best pizza as long as you don't mind baking.

God Father's is a personal favorite but they've decided to raise prices instead of cheapening the pizza down to where you can lick off the toppings like Pizza Hut.

But, kids don't care. They don't know any better.

I'm loving Mazzio's pizza. Their toppings seem more fresh than any other chain I've had lately, and the crust is delicious.
Not a fan of Papa John's in the past few years. Sauce is too sweet and the toppings seem less quality of late.

I remember when EQ2 had the /pizza for ordering pizza hut. I found myself using that command quite a bit.

Was just gonna say.. They have done this before.. Now they can add it to games for pretty much free..

these chain pizza stores all suck. you guys need to find some local pizza place that actually cares about their pizza.

Of course this was a big hit. You can order food from the Xbox you're already playing. Of course us PC guys have been able to do this for a long time.

I do not want to test the surface of those X360 controllers for microbes as I bet we are looking at some disgusting controllers. I never understand how in the world people can do things like eat while they game, or eat while they drive thus leaving the steering wheels on those Enterprise rentals feeling disgusting.

these chain pizza stores all suck. you guys need to find some local pizza place that actually cares about their pizza.

This. There's a place near my house that makes amazing pizza using a wood burning oven. I don't eat fast food pizza. It's crappy and expensive.

Mmm....no love for CiCi's on this board, too bad, their BBQ Pizza is the main reason I love the place. :)

But has Pizza Hut really gotten worse over the years? Haven't eaten there since 2004. Today it's mainly Papa John's, CiCi's or Hideaway Pizza for this family. ;)

Mmm....no love for CiCi's on this board, too bad, their BBQ Pizza is the main reason I love the place. :)

But has Pizza Hut really gotten worse over the years? Haven't eaten there since 2004. Today it's mainly Papa John's, CiCi's or Hideaway Pizza for this family. ;)

CiCi's is ok if I want cheap pizza for the kids and don't want to fight them over what toppings. It is decent, but far from what I would call "Good".

I suppose Pizza hut's quality has gone down, hard to say. I haven't been to one in a couple of years as I moved too far from any of them. Still the notion of calling it trash or comparing it to CiCi's is pretty laughable, only thing more laughable is comparing it to that inedible cardboard shit Little ceasar's calls pizza.

Obviously my local pizza places here in NY are just Flatly better. But that doesn't make PH or PJ's "bad" by any stretch, just not as good. As I said earlier, sometimes I just like a different style of pizza and they both make a good pizza that is a far cry better than some in here want you to believe. Obviously a bad local franchise is going to be bad. I've been in more than a few over the years. However those are usually the exceptions and not the rule.

I have no complaints with a $10 large thin or pan crust pepperoni lovers. Lately, I've been getting the XL take n bake pepperoni from Wal-Mart. So good.

I've been ordering all my pizzas from my tablet since I bought it. I can totally understand why people are ordering on the xbox, it's damn easy. Why not do it the easiest way?

I'm been buying from Panago (which is a chain) recently because I can order it, wait about 10 minutes, walk one block and pick it up. That's how lazy I am. I can have pizza in 15 minutes any time I like, as long as it's not between 4am and 11am and who wants pizza then?

Pizza Hut's a bit greasy and the crust is too thick for me but if you like it, why not? And if technology can make our lives easier and save time, why not?

Papa John's and Pizzazio's is about the 2 best pizza places around here and I'm saying best because we're kind of limited.
Pizzazio's has a pretty decent chicken/ mushroom/ alfredo sauce/ artichoke heart pizza, really the best in the area.
My buddy owned his own pizza place for a while, everything was fresh and hand made and incredible, but Pizza Hut $5 pizzas put him out of business.
People would rather eat cheap than good.
Hell, if I want a great Pizza I have to drive for an hour for a pizza pie called a topper from a ma and pop shop which has crust on the top and bottom and just stuffed to hades and back with mushrooms, pepperoni and provolone cheese.
Really, the state of fast food just sucks around here. I'm better off eating in.
I've even started curing and smoking my own fish for sushi because everything around here pretty much sucks, is high in calories and fat and kind of bland because they've never heard of anything complicated like salt or pepper....

Back