Is this a good gaming computer build?-$1200 budget

LINK----------> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2xxVn
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So I'll like to run everything at 1080p, ultra highest settings, with highest frames for recent and future games/MMOS, (BF4, Guild Wars 2, Elder Scrolls Online, DayZ, Total War Rome etc.) and no lag. SO will this do the job? Oh and could you please suggest a monitor with this, that's not too expensive (Maybe in the 200 dollar range) but very good for gaming with this build? (Not included in the $1200 budget)
And can you please suggest a good power supply? Because I don't know how much watts I need (Maybe 650) And also a cheap optical drive, if I'll need to put game disks in to install.
Thanks for helping me out guys! Much appreciated.

Oh and btw I'm getting all of the materials at Microcenter, cause I live four minutes away from their store! So having the monitor be there will be great, thanks.

Well few key points.

1. You don't need to spend that much money on a motherboard. Anything in the ~$120 range will handle everything you probably need. I'd have to pull up the Microcenter page to see what motherboard they're offering with the combo discount deal so you can save even more money. More reason on this in a minute.

2. The heat spreaders on that RAM is not only useless, they may interfere with your tower cooler. With that being said, I suggest you go with a single 8GB stick of RAM or a 2x8GB kit. This will help '"future' proof your build in the future since you can just add 2 - 3 more sticks @ 8GB each for up to the maximum 32GB that the motherboard can handle.

3.No point in getting a black drive. They really aren't much faster than normal 1TB drives. So unless it's the same price of other 7200 RPM 1TB hard drives, don't get it.

4. You wont need that much PSU. Even a 780 Ti will use less than 550W total. Which brings me to point number 5.

5. While the 770 is a damn good GPU for it's price point AND your resolution, you seem to be dead set on pushing the limits of the eye-candy while getting the best frames possible. A 780 or 780 Ti will achieve that much better than a 770 will.

Why that particular Asus motherboard? Are you actually going to use all of its features? Are you planning on doing a heavy overclock? What features do you need in a motherboard? RAID? Firewire? Crossfire or SLI support? USB 3.0? SATA 6Gb/s? eSATA? Onboard video? UEFI? etc.

That particular PSU isn't a good deal since this significantly higher quality Seasonic PSU is cheaper:
$105 - Seasonic G Series SSR-650RM 650W Modular PSU

I would only recommend that particular Corsair PSU if you can get it for $75 to $80 before any MIR. Any more than that and you're getting ripped off.

A 2 x 4GB set of RAM is fine if it's cheaper than a single 8GB stick of RAM. In this case, it's not as I'm recommending this RAM instead:
$70 - Kingston HyperX Blu KHX1600C10D3B1/8G 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM

Since you're planning on playing BF4, you might actually want to go with Windows 8.1 instead:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013/11/24/battlefield_4_windows_7_vs_81_performance_review/

As for the hard drive, I agree with Skillz: The WD Black isn't worth it. I recommend these 1TB drives intead:
$61 - Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive
$60 - Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB 7200RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s Hard Drive

If I'm doing the math in my head correctly, you actually have enough room in the budget for a SSD. So definitely get a SSD as that'll make the number biggest performance difference in the PC:
$100 - Samsung 840 Evo 120GB SSD

Keep the OS and critically needed/wanted apps and games on the SSD with everything else on the hard drives.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have that monitor and play games on it. I really like this monitor.

Back