The ACLU Will Appeal NSA’s Phone Metadata Decision

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The recent decisions on the legality of the NSA’s metadata program has gathered together several strange bedfellows, the latest being the American Civil Liberties Union, who want a definitive answer on the constitutionality of the agency’s mass information gathering.

For now, it’s plain that the legal underpinnings of the NSA’s programs and the constitutionality of its actions will be thoroughly vetted in court.

For now, it’s plain that the legal underpinnings of the NSA’s programs and the constitutionality of its actions will be thoroughly vetted in court.

Anyone who thinks anything related to DC gets "thoroughly vetted in court" doesn't have a solid link with reality.

For instance, James Clapper, Director of National Intelligence, commits a felony with a bold-faced lie to Congress about the program, and keeps his job.

Without so much as an inquiry as to the FELONY that he committed.

If I lie to Congress under Oath, I go to jail.

The outcome is a forgone conclusion, the government will manipulate the trial system to secure their own objectives. They've become adept at stacking the deck.

The outcome is a forgone conclusion, the government will manipulate the trial system to secure their own objectives. They've become adept at stacking the deck.

i think the same, but what is the solution if the fundamental powers in a democracy aren't separated anymore? clearly, the nsa knows everything about every judge and can easily put pressure on them or maybe it's even enough if someone of the higher ups talks to them and hands over a wad of cash. and if the government can do things i would go to jail for it's clearly a sign of tyranny; i mean a new world order (according to bush sen).

i think the same, but what is the solution if the fundamental powers in a democracy aren't separated anymore? clearly, the nsa knows everything about every judge and can easily put pressure on them or maybe it's even enough if someone of the higher ups talks to them and hands over a wad of cash. and if the government can do things i would go to jail for it's clearly a sign of tyranny; i mean a new world order (according to bush sen).

ajnevl.jpg

For instance, James Clapper, Director of National Intelligence, commits a felony with a bold-faced lie to Congress about the program, and keeps his job.
He wasn't under oath so he didn't commit a crime, felony or otherwise. How did you miss that?

Back