Snipers Confirmed For Titanfall

HardOCP News

[H] News
A representative of Respawn Entertainment, answering questions in the company's forums, confirmed that there will be snipers in the game but added "quick scoping and no scoping are ineffective."

"Sniping is in the game, but due to how the game plays it's a pretty different animal than you'll find in your run of the mill modern military shooter," claimed "scriptacus," a representative of developer Respawn Entertainment in the game's forums. "Quick scoping and no scoping are ineffective."

"quick scoping and no scoping are ineffective." good because neither of those things works in an actual battle.

I like that. Would love to see that being implemented in Battlefield series

"quick scoping and no scoping are ineffective." good because neither of those things works in an actual battle.

You're telling me that snipers don't run around in the middle of combat firing their rifle from the hip?

I always use scope when using a sniper rifle...there are plenty of other weapons for quick firing

I never understand why noobs get all butt hurt about quickscope and noscope. Oh yeah, I forgot....we gawd like!!!! :D

The gameplay is fast paced in the game just like many others in the genre. I don't see how you would want to be a sniper if you can't quick scope. Camping waiting for someone to come up behind you is not a fun game mechanic.

Also for those bitching about the lack of realism in quickscoping/no-scoping. The entire military FPS genre is as far from realism as you can get. Why is this one mechanic so bad.

I like that. Would love to see that being implemented in Battlefield series

I agree. I find it too arbitrary and odd that the assault, carbines, and LMG's having such reduction in range and damage-even more in BF4 than BF3. But a sniper rifle with the attributes that they have are way more powerful than any of them. If learned well enough the person can go head to head in close and medium range easily.

I've just started playing Red Orchestra 2. Holy crap, if you're tired of the CoD, CS, and BF group...

I never understand why noobs get all butt hurt about quickscope and noscope. Oh yeah, I forgot....we gawd like!!!! :D

Because it's lame and unrealistic. No real sniper does this crap. In fact, if a map becomes a sniper feast I will stop capping bases and hunt them down and melee kill.

No scoping being inefficient is understandable, but quick scoping.. I don't know about that, if you shoulder a rifle you don't need to look through the scope to be accurate, just point at your enemy and shoot, it should be less effective than scoping for sure, but I don't think it should be useless.

In BF1942 I would just put a dry erase X on my screen. (hahaha fired from the hip headshot :p )

I did this all the time in CS:Source. Piece of tape or something on screen and suddenly the scout is OPd.

In general, CoD; is a fast paced FPS, think tiny people in a big world. Sitting and sniping in CoD is somewhat far-fetched. It's hardly successful and if it is, only for a few kills/you run out of equipment. CoD is simply not designed for it, sadly most FPS are not designed for a "proper sniping" environment.
I love CoD, quick scoping and CSS quick scoping. Honestly, that's all I play in CSS now (awp servers).
The only "true sniping" games I've played are the Tom Clancys ghost recon series and another I cannot remember the name of but is similar.

Giant robots in the future should have everything within miles target locked anyway :)

There was a mod for ARMA II that made sniping pretty realistic. You had to account for wind speed and gravity.

The thing is: ARMA series is more of a military simulator than your arcade-y CoD and Battlefield series.

A lot of people have different tastes and would prefer the [rather cheap and unrealistic] sniping of a CoD series.

I'd prefer if it was more closely to ARMA than anything else. Because in real life you don't shoot a sniper rifle from the hip like with a pistol or handgun. Why should a game allow you to do that with a rifle or shotgun as well?

It doesn't make sense.

There was a mod for ARMA II that made sniping pretty realistic. You had to account for wind speed and gravity.

The thing is: ARMA series is more of a military simulator than your arcade-y CoD and Battlefield series.

A lot of people have different tastes and would prefer the [rather cheap and unrealistic] sniping of a CoD series.

I'd prefer if it was more closely to ARMA than anything else. Because in real life you don't shoot a sniper rifle from the hip like with a pistol or handgun. Why should a game allow you to do that with a rifle or shotgun as well?

It doesn't make sense.

You can shoot a sniper or shotgun from the hip in "real life", why wouldn't you be able to do it in a less realistic game?

Giant robots in the future should have everything within miles target locked anyway

Yea but in the movie Battlefield 2 snipers took down that big ass alien waterbug lol

You can shoot a sniper or shotgun from the hip in "real life", why wouldn't you be able to do it in a less realistic game?

You can? I would love to see a video of that.

I thought it'd be impossible given the weight of the weapon and recoil.

Who cares about an actual battle. Bunny hopping and hip firing don't work irl either.

I want a fun game. Quick scoping is necessary if you are playing hardcore on small maps. It only needs to be slowed down when it takes a half clip to kill someone.

Also they already made the near perfect twitch shooter Cod4. Just make another one ffs.

Realism sucks in gaming, and doesn't sell well.
For Arma is become mainstream across all platforms, they will have to deviate from their core gameplay.
Just looking at the Arma gameplay videos makes me want to grab a pillow.

I'm willing to play something more hardcore than BF, but I still need the steady action of arcade style gaming with a large community.

Back