Tech Gone Horribly Wrong

HardOCP News

[H] News
I have no idea what an Algaculture Symbiosis Suit is or does, but I can tell you this much....NO.

Algaculture designs a new symbiotic relationship between humans and algae. It proposes a future where humans will be enhanced with algae living inside new bodily organs, allowing us to be semi-photosynthetic. Almost enabling us to become plant-like by gaining food from light. As such, we will be symbionts (meaning that both entities entirely depend on each other for survival), entering into a mutually beneficial relationship with the algae.

Oh shit. Just wait until someone thinks "Hey, lets enhance robots with algae." and thus robots will take over the world. Skynet not needed.

The face hugger is gross, but mixing algae into my body to enable photosythesis? Sign me up, that sounds awesome.

hmm. i want a black version to make me look like Venom.

Oh shit. Just wait until someone thinks "Hey, lets enhance robots with algae." and thus robots will take over the world. Skynet not needed.

We'll just darken the skies so they can't get energy from the sun...yeah...that's it. What else can go wrong? :D

How much sunlight do I get a day, though? Ten minutes, walking to and from my car?

Doubt I could "feed" myself off that.

Yea...someone clearly watched WAY too much tentacle hentai.

This is Never going to happen. I believe this takes the whole "Vegan" philosophy to a level that even few of those idiots are willing to go. :rolleyes:

Almost enabling us to become plant-like by gaining food from light.

As an American, this is something I don't need more of. I'm fat enough! :p

What? No Bane jokes?

Seriously, it's just an artist concept, colored water in tubes. Never happen, never work.

just looks like one of those strange but high selling "art"

lol

I won't sign up until they also have a way for me to soak up minerals and water through the ground.

It'll give the old phrase "put down roots" an entirely new meaning!...;)

It just had to be an Asian female in the picture, didn't it? This is someone's idea of a bad joke.

Nobody tell these jackasses that humans are already symbionts. If it weren't for the bacteria in your stomach, you would be dead. Hard to tell if it just the people reporting on this shit are the ones that makes these researchers sound like totally ignorant fucks or these researchers are totally ignorant fucks. I'm thinking a little of both.

We already have that technology. Eat a damn salad, if it's not too much work that is.

I suppose I'm old fashioned but I actually enjoy eating because of the huge variety of foods afforded to me by living in an abundant and affluent society.

Yeah...erhm...no. Not a chance. Hopefully I'm dead if and when this actually becomes reality.

Back