Must See Case Mod of the Day

I think there's a distinct difference between a case mod and a model. This to me is not usable and therefor is just an installation model.

Nice work, but I just don't consider it a "Case Mod".

Is it me, or is the anime wallpaper horribly out of place?

I know this was made in Japan, but still...

Video card looks filthy. Also how do those soldiers on it not melt? Fail.

Obviously not practical, but very very cool. What do they calls those things at Christmas... Dickens Village? It's like the computer nerd version of that. I like it.

that's pretty amazing.. the level of detail of off the hook.

Always called it "case crapping".
Adding a bunch of useless crapto you PC case to make it look cool. (or some idea of cool)

Personally never had any interest in that kind of thing because it doesn't actually do anything useful.

I think there's a distinct difference between a case mod and a model. This to me is not usable and therefor is just an installation model.

Yes, it is obviously not a working case mod...lol...;) I'm not sure if "art" really fits the bill here, either. Reminds me of "Toyland" for some reason.

Isn't a case mod, ya know, a modified case? No matter how creative this may be, it's really just a bunch of toys glued to a computer..... No?

Impressive art project. Obviously not a functional mod, but impressive still.

Always called it "case crapping".
Adding a bunch of useless crapto you PC case to make it look cool. (or some idea of cool)

Personally never had any interest in that kind of thing because it doesn't actually do anything useful.

So does everything have to be plain boring and functional? How much stuff have you bought over the years because it just looked better? I am pretty sure the list is longer than you would willingly admit here. Sometimes having a little style isn't a bad thing. Learn to not be such a boring stick in the mud.

Impressive art project. Obviously not a functional mod, but impressive still.
So does everything have to be plain boring and functional? How much stuff have you bought over the years because it just looked better? I am pretty sure the list is longer than you would willingly admit here. Sometimes having a little style isn't a bad thing. Learn to not be such a boring stick in the mud.

Depends..................
If someone hand built a complete custom case to suit them; have to say that is cool.
Like if they were into wood working and hand made a case from hard woods, sanded, stained and really showed a high level of craftsmanship; that is a winner.
I often thought it would be cool if to build a case with 1/8" thick aluminum plate, say you had access to a metal brake and metal working equipment that would be pretty cool also because most off the shelf cases are very light and flimsy. That would show great craftsmanship and would be a stark contrast to anything off the shelf.
Maybe you planned on a very robust water cooling setup and a off the shelf case just won't work so you hand built one. Purpose built, that is cool also.
But taking a plain off the shelf case and tacking a bunch of crap to it does nothing I find little value in.

Imagine having to clean dust out of it...

Looks like the work of someone with severe OCD. I like it. Even if I don't understand why the space shuttle and camera lens are there.

I really dig that mouse though.

The only cool thing is the mouse. The rest is just impractical. From an art perspective it's pretty cool though.

To me falls more under "work of art" than "practical mod" but I still think its incredible..
And there must be no children around or that thing wouldn't have lasted long enough to get a picture of it made.

Back