AMD Catalyst 13.12 WHQL & Linux Drivers Now available

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD sends word that the new Catalyst™ 13.12 for Windows (WHQL) and Linux are now available for download HERE. The latest available AMD Catalyst Windows Beta can be found HERE and the AMD Catalyst Beta for Linux HERE.

Bummer. Will try again...

amd1312drivererror.png

apparently there are new drivers for Win7/8 as well.

here's hoping it fixed some of the BF4 issues I have with all the 5000 beta versions they have released.

Just downloaded these and first thing I noticed is that raptor crap is gone. Thank god!

OK, got these installed without any issues whatsoever. All my Eyefinity configs were saved as well.

I had sound issues with the Beta 9.5 and do with these as well. Not as bad, but I get sound crackling in Left for Dead 2, Saints Row IV, and Borderlands 2.

I did not get issues with sound in Metro: Last Light or FarCry 3.

Will be going back to Beta 9.2.

so since i am new to AMD after years with team green, do i unistall old drivers first or just install the new ones on top of old ones ?

so since i am new to AMD after years with team green, do i unistall old drivers first or just install the new ones on top of old ones ?

No, it's rare you have to uninstall the drivers to upgrade. As long as you saw no errors after installation (there's a log file that's generated after Install that you see when the drivers are done installing) you're good to go.

Some people prefer to do the whole driver sweep thing. Whatever floats your boat.

Is that over audio over HDMI? Strange that AMD can still have problems with HDMI audio after all these years, my 5870's used to randomly play musical chairs with my surround channels.

I have sound issues in BF4 whether it's optical or analog through sound card, or Hdmi through the card to the monitor. So I don't think it has anything to do with AMD's audio driver.

do Bonaire based GPU's still have periodic screen flicker rendering the desktop (seems okay in game)?

I have sound issues in BF4 whether it's optical or analog through sound card, or Hdmi through the card to the monitor. So I don't think it has anything to do with AMD's audio driver.

He didn't mention BF4 though, that game is just universally broken right now (fired it up after the most recent patch and was presented with a SLI strobe light show).

well in usual AMD fashion -- they fixed one thing... and broke another.

Smooth experience in BF4 now - but it broke my Litecoin/Altcoin mining application. Now I have 1.6Mhash worth of cycle time sitting idle since I don't have time to tinker with it due to being gone for 12 hours a day for work.

CrossfireX is still broken in BF4 for everyone right? Making sure it's not something else.

On a unrelated note, when did AMD strip their website of color? I know reduced color pallets are all the rage in UI design these days, but monocrome? :eek:

Pretty sure CFX is still broken -- i remember the 800mb patch they pushed out 2 days ago, and I got the CFX flicker no matter what I did.

I played last night it was smooth and pretty -- when I got done, I checked and saw that even though CFX was active, it wasn't active for games that didn't have a profile. (apparently even after all this time being release there still is no CFX profile for BF4 built into the drive. The only time it apparently USES both cards is when I have the box checked that says "force CFX for games that don'e have a profile"

I swear it's one or the other, but if AMD fixes something DICE breaks it, and vice versa.

I installed the 13.12 and Skyrim locked up when trying to load my saved game.

Did a basic driver roll back in Win7 64bit and now works again.
I have a 7870 Myst Tahiti LE based card on a Z77/3570k system.

well in usual AMD fashion -- they fixed one thing... and broke another.

Smooth experience in BF4 now - but it broke my Litecoin/Altcoin mining application. Now I have 1.6Mhash worth of cycle time sitting idle since I don't have time to tinker with it due to being gone for 12 hours a day for work.
Mining works fine for me on my 290X.

So I do know that they disabled the Crossfire logo in games by default. If you right click CCC and go to AMD CrossfireX settings you can re-enable it there. After I re-enabled this feature it would continue posting in fullscreen games. I am also having the BF4 issue and so are two of my friends running SLI. However I think 13.12 has introduced other performance issues in some of the other games I play, going to do additional testing and follow up.

The driver is broken, doesn't work with my 5830, Resident Evil 6 crashes on load and shutter in menus, i haven't tried other games though. I reverted on 13.9 and everything is nice now, wtf, AMD???

Last edited:
Do you have Skyrim mods? How about SKSE?

No mods, not sure what SKSE is so maybe no to that as well. :)

Just plain Skyrim. It would get to the part where it was loading the saved game but then lock up right when it should load up. The screen was a light to medium grey and I had to do a hard reset to get my system back up.

Just plain Skyrim. It would get to the part where it was loading the saved game but then lock up right when it should load up. The screen was a light to medium grey and I had to do a hard reset to get my system back up.

Skyrim is sensitive to stuff like this, try starting a fresh game and seeing if it works and then go back to your saved game.

A non-Beta ATI release? What's this world coming too :)

Well, these also have the nice next gen crackling sound issue for the third time.
Useless drivers, again...

I haven't updated drivers since 12.10. I don't install CCC normally. Every 13.x i had tried, was giving weird video image. Well, today i finally got it. Seems that before 13.x, when you weren't installing CCC, all video "enhancements" were off by default, while after 13.x, they are on, resulting in horrible post-processing of the image (the various denoising, smoothening, brighter whites, colour vibrance etc).

I finally understood it now that i installed 13.12 WITH CCC and disabled all enhancents. VERY happy. Works fine with my 6570s and 5450. The 6570 gained 120 points in 3dmark2003 (over the 12.10) and most importantly, gone seems the explorer.exe crashing when navigating in the control panel menus (win7).

Very nice driver for non gamer.

Vanilla Skyrim?
You are missing a whooooole lot :eek:

installed and didn't run into any problems on my new 7990. These new whql's have the frame pacing option as I noticed prior whql's were missing this. BF4 still runs like crap on crossfire but that's a game problem introduced by our friends at EA/DICE and should hopefully be remedied tonight/tomorrow.

Single card seems to be fine, Crossfire and SLI are broken. I'm using a single 290 right now while the other one sits idle because of this.

I know a lot of people who run BF4 in crossfire with 290's without any issues.

what is broken that you speak of?

blue screens my windows 8.1 rig :/ tried about a dozen times and every single time it gets half ways done before craping out :rolleyes:

I know a lot of people who run BF4 in crossfire with 290's without any issues.

what is broken that you speak of?

Its widely known as the "Dec 16th patch issue that totally fucked the game" (not really I made that part up, it was already distressingly buggy so they just traded some items for others), general consensus is just not running Crossfire or SLI, which is likely what the people you know did. Or they haven't played since then.

Directly from them:

UPDATE: We have noticed that players who have SLI enabled on their graphics card may experience graphical flickering. Also, we're looking into the issue where the revive bar would get stuck on-screen in some instances. Both of these have our attention, and we're investigating them.

This is what my game looks like in Crossfire. Note that not only do I get the awesome flickering, I also am missing about 90% of the textures! Two graphical glitches for the price of one!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lto-TKwhPx4

EDIT: looks like a patch is coming soon, I hope it works.

Last edited:
blue screens my windows 8.1 rig :/ tried about a dozen times and every single time it gets half ways done before craping out :rolleyes:

During the install?

If so after you extract the file and get into set up hit cancel at the choose language part. Now go to your AMD folder find the 13-12 soandso driver folder. Open up the config folder, find installmanager, open that and set WorkaroundInstall=true instead of false and then launch setup through your drivers folder.

I have to do that every time since I installed a distributable students copy of windows otherwise it will bc on me.

edit: this also works for the hydravision install if you get crashes during installs...least for me.

Last edited:
You guys are making me nervous. I'm thinking I'll stick to my 13.11 Beta 9.5 drivers if there are this many issues.

So far, I have 13.11 Beta 9.5 in Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit, no issues with games, sound output via HDMI, and black screens or BSODs. I'd have to install 13.12 to see if it brought up any issues. But, lately, I haven't had problems since 13.9/13.10 when they fixed performance issues in FFXIV.

It's either the game is bad or the drivers are bad.

You guys are making me nervous. I'm thinking I'll stick to my 13.11 Beta 9.5 drivers if there are this many issues.

So far, I have 13.11 Beta 9.5 in Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit, no issues with games, sound output via HDMI, and black screens or BSODs. I'd have to install 13.12 to see if it brought up any issues. But, lately, I haven't had problems since 13.9/13.10 when they fixed performance issues in FFXIV.

It's either the game is bad or the drivers are bad.

The only confirmed bug with 13.12 till now that i am aware of, is that it misreports its version. In my case, it shows 12.10, because that's what i upgraded from. In others it shows 13.9, 13.10, depending on what their previous driver was. In the AMD forum, the administrator has passed the bug to the devs. Bot big deal though, unless you have a game that needs to "read" a version number.

Back