FS: Creative Titanium HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLD

After getting spooked by this thread, I decided to pull my TiHD from eBay and put it up here. Since that time I went looking, and found, the original receipt and original Op Amps that belong to the sound card. All four original Op Amps will be included in an anti-static tube in case you would like to go back to stock.

As mentioned previously; it currently has OPA2111 and LME49720 in place of the stock JRC2114 and LME49710 (all DIP8 variants) for a much more richer and fuller sound. The only reason I am parting with it is because I purchased the ZxR on impulse. Comparing them both side by side (now that I replaced the Op Amps on the ZxR) I notice damn near no difference between them. What little I do notice comes in the way of aesthetics and in the software.

After owning an Audigy 2, Fatal1ty Titanium Pro and a Z, I can honestly say that the TiHD and ZxR are on a whole different category and question people who "claim" they had a TiHD and later purchased a vanilla Z as an "upgrade". They must have had some high impedance equipment or something I guess...

IMG_20131207_120035.jpg

That being said, I will keep the ZxR and sell off the TiHD. Looking around the web I see that a new TiHD still costs about $150 with the lowest I have found being this refurbished white box version for $90. With that in mind I am willing to part with mine for $80 + shipping which includes the new Op Amps as well as the original ones. It comes complete with all of the original accessories and packaging / box. Not to mention the receipt.

Price is firm. My preferred payment method is PayPal and even then I will only accept payment from verified accounts. Shipping is from 94531 and the box weighs 4lbs. This would be my Heat, if anyone is interested.

Last edited:
The Z / Zx sounds a lot closet to the older Titanium Pro (non-HD) than anything else I have ever tried. That is to say, the vanilla Z is not bad but nothing special compared to the TiHD, ZxR or the STX. Rather than try to convince anyone I guess the best answer I could give to such an answer would be to go over to Head-Fi, Guru3D or Overclock and see how people are STILL recommending the TiHD over the likes of the Z, Zx and Phoebus - not just for Music and Movies but for gaming as well.

:-/

Last edited:
I have the upgraded LME49720NA Op Amps on mine. Still the best sound card if you consider the op-amp upgrade, if it wasn't, I would have upgraded already.

The Z / Zx sounds a lot closet to the older Titanium Pro (non-HD) than anything else I have ever tried. That is to say, the vanilla Z is not bad but nothing special compared to the TiHD, ZxR or the STX. Rather than try to convince anyone I guess the best answer I could give to such an answer would be to go over to Head-Fi, Guru3D or Overclock and see how people are STILL recommending the TiHD over the likes of the Z, Zx and Phoebus - not just for Music and Movies but for gaming as well.

:-/
thanks for your advice, im a nub on audophile topics so sorry for the stupid questions. i have looked at ASUS boards but havent heard good things about them for gaming and mimicing surround in some of the forums you mentioned. i was curious why people were recommending the card from 2011 over even creative's newest offerings.

anyway, last stupid question i promise: have you had any driver issues or have they been mostly ironed out and what OS did yoi use? thanks again.

I personally have had no problems when on Windows 8 or (now) Windows 8.1. Both 64-bit, mind you. Other people claim that while on Windows 8.1 that the settings will not save after reboot. A workaround for that would be to set up the software as you wish and then put the PC to sleep. After woken up and rebooted all your settings will be saved.

Creative is working on official Windows 8.1 drivers which should be out soon for both the TiHD as well as the Z series. Needless to say that Windows 8 and 7 are rock solid with the latest non-beta drivers.

You decided to part with the one that has hardware acceleration? For older games you can actually get better sound than most newer games can manage.

You decided to part with the one that has hardware acceleration? For older games you can actually get better sound than most newer games can manage.

I know, believe me :-/

I lowered the price one last time just now, only $80 + shipping but if it does not sell off by tomorrow I will return the ZxR as the doubt is now taking effect.

:(

[UPDATE]
I have had a few of you request the sound card ONLY. I guess some of you do not care about the box and so fourth. I can do that upon request. Average small flat rate cost is about $5 if within the continental USA making it $85 total.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back