Clean Your Damn Computer!

That's clean compared to some of the shit I've recovered at work.

That's clean compared to some of the shit I've recovered at work.

You got that right. Here's one I had to deal with the other day.

rYz8.jpg

It's PC cleaning weekend for me! I'd never let anything get that gross, though.

What's wrong with that system? Can someone point it out to me?

I should of posted pics from my last rig when I cleaned it. The house/cottage I was living in didn't have a furnace filter as it wasn't a standard size so the place got ridiculously dusty. I was pulling ropes of dust/hair/skincells out of the GPU heatsink. Good times.

Anyone that has ever worked in a computer shop has seen this time and time again. The worst is always the people that everyone plus the dog smokes. Nasty bunch of people, nasty house. SUPER nasty inside the computer case.

50 dollar 2.5 horsepower shopvac on leaf blower mode: the inside of my PC looks brand new every 6 months. Also works wonders in the car.

Ah a smokers computer. Something that frankly should be classified as Bio hazard.

I will Never work on a smokers computer again. Those are bar none the single most disgusting thing I have ever put my hands into.

Air compressor from Harbor Freight!

Fill up car/bike tires and blow out computer cases, stereo amps, tvs, dvds, xbox, etc..

Works much better than a shop vac!

Love it! :D

We fix PC's for a company that makes pizza crusts, part of that process is some kind of oil that coats the outside of the crust. The oil gets into anything and everything. Think of smokers dust, but gooey. It cannot be blown out.

Is there away to get rid of the large amount of dust I have in my room? I don't know where it comes from but my computer dust filter get filled up badly every week... :(

We fix PC's for a company that makes pizza crusts, part of that process is some kind of oil that coats the outside of the crust. The oil gets into anything and everything. Think of smokers dust, but gooey. It cannot be blown out.

I could have gone my whole life without knowing that and been fine.

Amatuers...I have to deal with Teachers who NEVER clean their computers. I've seen PC's come back into the tech department that look worse than these... :rolleyes:

I take my tower to the tire shop and use their powerful compressors. Everything clean in less than 5 minutes. And free, they are not allowed to charge me for this :D Plus, it's only a 200m from home.

To scared to open mine. its been a few months to long in this old dusty house

Hoooly shit. I have never had a PC that dirty, and I cleaned my HTPC for the first time in 2 years about a month ago. It was pretty darn clean all thing considered.

I'm telling you guys, it really helps to have one of those fancy positive pressure cases like the raven in my sig. I live in a very dusty environment, plus three cats and I clean my filters about once a month and I still don't have any dust in my case going on three years now, (well march will be three).

Man that is some serious gross stuff there. . . .

Air compressor with large wand . . outside . . .side panels off . . .3M painters mask with dual filters over the face and safety glasses on . . . .ready . .aim . .. fire. . .

Remember to immobilize your case fans before using compressed air in the case; if you spin the fans too fast, you can ruin the motors.

I cleaned inside my computer recently for the first time since I bought it almost 4 years ago.

Remember to immobilize your case fans before using compressed air in the case; if you spin the fans too fast, you can ruin the motors.

Never happened to me and I blow the fans as hard as possible with actual compressor, not some air can. It's fun.

Looks like my mom's computers. 2 heavy smokers plus a bunch of dogs = nicotine/dust/furball nightmare. One was so bad I opted to throw it away and build her a new one instead of dealing with it. If you must, take that sh!t outside and nail it with an air compressor.... you will blow through $10 in canned air and probably not get it all...

Is there away to get rid of the large amount of dust I have in my room? I don't know where it comes from but my computer dust filter get filled up badly every week... :(

Try vacuuming and dusting your room more often or shut all your windows and change the filters in your AC unit.

Looks like my mom's computers. 2 heavy smokers plus a bunch of dogs = nicotine/dust/furball nightmare. One was so bad I opted to throw it away and build her a new one instead of dealing with it. If you must, take that sh!t outside and nail it with an air compressor.... you will blow through $10 in canned air and probably not get it all...

I do this with mine. Works well.

We get some weird brown film inside some of our assembly line and warehouse computers. It's not dust, it's not liquid, maybe it's soylent brown.

What kind of assembly is going on? If it involves soldering, it could be flux residue. I worked in a factory that built electronics, and the walls and were covered in a brown residue... you don't really notice it, except there were spots where there must have been a leak in the roof and water dripped down, clearing a path through the 20-25 years of flux build up.

Wow. I clean my rig once a month. Never had anything that dirty pop up at home, but work....eh, they don't allow us to open the case (sealed). I can see the dust from the slots. They don't clean them either.

Back