NASA Has A Superhero Robot

Was it made by Rubbermaid?

If it was, that's because NASA is horribly under budget. Cause you know, gotta pay for that over powered military that we don't need. Oh and healthcare up the roof, cause we pay way more then any other country for a healthcare system that not only cost the government boat loads of money, but also still costs you boat loads of money.

At this rate I'm surprised that NASA can afford to eat, let alone build a robot.

You can definitely see where they got the inspiration from on the name. Now they just need to make it 50 feet taller and transformable.:D

valkyrie.jpg

vf-1s-battroid.jpg

Are they sending it to mars? Heck, I'd settle for the moon right now.

A point cloud camera system in the head, I'd really like to see if it can do a scan while walking, was the prototype based on Kinect?

Wonder if the glowing chest is actually functional as a light source or if it's just an Iron Man rip off :D

Hell, does it actually do anything? When honda shows off their asimo(I think that's it?) they have it walking around, pouring drinks, showing that it can jog, the nasa robot does... nothing.

Hell, does it actually do anything? When honda shows off their asimo(I think that's it?) they have it walking around, pouring drinks, showing that it can jog, the nasa robot does... nothing.

Reminds me of Gundam. Even with identical hardware, the difference between a lumbering giant, and one that can go hand to hand is an OS upgrade. NASA clearly has great engineers, but they need more programmers.

I appreciate what NASA wants to accomplish but wouldn't they be better off leaving robotics to manufacturers like Honda, iRobot, Boston Dynamics and the likes?

I appreciate what NASA wants to accomplish but wouldn't they be better off leaving robotics to manufacturers like Honda, iRobot, Boston Dynamics and the likes?

It's obviously to try and get attention, cause they need funding. Best way to get that is remind Americans they exist still. But yea, I would think a robot that needs to walk on Mars would require NASA's handy work.

Watching it do anything is painful, especially turning the wheel valve. Just wanted to push it out of the way and do it myself!

Wow, NASA is way behind the Japanese. The Japanese have been developing something like this for years with real hand motions and abilities to stroke things. ;)

And yet they lack the resources to shoot it out into space anymore, don't they?

But hey, if NASA would like to re-purpose itself as our mech division, putting all that tech to better use than lifeless moon visits, I'm all for it.

Back