BF4 PC Patch Fix List

HardOCP News

[H] News
The Battlefield 4 blog has a list of fixes contained in the latest patch being pushed out today. Fixed in the PC version:

Sometimes the character stance could get into a multiple frame desync and be part of the problem where you got shot even though your character was actually behind cover. This would mostly affect players doing transitions into crouch and prone as well as moving when crouched. The impact was smaller in a standing stance. This bug fix eliminates this particular desync issue.

We have also increased the camera height when crouching and moving to more accurately reflect the actual height of your soldier in that stance (the first person camera was too low when crouching and moving, resulting in that you had a poor representation of how much of your soldier that was actually out of cover.)

• Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
  • Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
  • Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
  • Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
  • Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
  • Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
  • Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
  • Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
  • Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files.

:rolls eyes... I havent had that many issues, but ffs these errors and bugs have been a PITA for all my buddies

Only problem that needs fixing that still isn't is it requiring origin.

this is ridiculous. they had alpha and beta testing and they still weren't able to release a stable game. I wonder if these fixes even work.

Fix the netcode,hit registration and FFS keep people with pings above 150 out of my servers. Either the filter in the browser is broken(it is, always has been) or brazil just LOVES playing against me.

Yeah, the game is actually improving but it would have been fixed long ago if they would just let the community work on it ala bf2. They say the game engine is too complex. I say pffffft to that.

Funny how they don't mention what the actual crash is. Who knows if they've actually fixed anything.

At least they're trying to fix it. Some developers just release a game and rely on the community to fix it for them (*cough* Bethesda *cough).

At least they're trying to fix it. Some developers just release a game and rely on the community to fix it for them (*cough* Bethesda *cough).

4 or 5 patches this early on and yet many , many problems remain. "Trying" to fix it is not a good enough reason. Game was rushed , more so than many games get rushed. And DICE has tons of experience and should have done a better job.

EA does this to every developer it buys out. It runs them until they break and start fucking up more and more.

This is why I hate EA.

4 or 5 patches this early on and yet many , many problems remain. "Trying" to fix it is not a good enough reason. Game was rushed , more so than many games get rushed. And DICE has tons of experience and should have done a better job.

EA does this to every developer it buys out. It runs them until they break and start fucking up more and more.

This is why I hate EA.

Oh, I'm not trying to defend EA. Their deadlines are probably 99.5% responsible for what's going on. Last EA game I shelled money out for was Battlefield 2, I believe. If it was released on Good Old Games, then I'd snatch it up instantly. But due to the fact that Good Old Games has a no-DRM policy, you can bet that EA would NEVER put it on that site for sale. If they did, everyone would likely get that instead.

EA taught me a fine lesson this year, never to pre-order another game from them.

The shit with Sim City should have been an eye opener however I was too naive to believe it'd happen with Battlefield.

Oh, I'm not trying to defend EA. Their deadlines are probably 99.5% responsible for what's going on. Last EA game I shelled money out for was Battlefield 2, I believe. If it was released on Good Old Games, then I'd snatch it up instantly. But due to the fact that Good Old Games has a no-DRM policy, you can bet that EA would NEVER put it on that site for sale. If they did, everyone would likely get that instead.

Sadly you are right..I love the hell outta that game though..I was in a lull from my usual rabbid PC hardware upgrading when the BETA for BF2 came out and my ATI9800PRO couldn't handle things anymore..I was one of the suckers that bought an AGP based Socket 939 board right before the NF4 PCI-E boards came out and every GPU company based decided to abandon AGP overnight...

After that demo I promptly decided it was time for an X1800XT upgrade..

Lol, pretty much BF3 is SOL on patches now... i guess once BF5 or BC3 comes out, BF4 will be SOL too....
Meh, Im still enjoying the game!

this is ridiculous. they had alpha and beta testing and they still weren't able to release a stable game. I wonder if these fixes even work.

The real issue is that these "bugs" have existed before with previous games. The 1 hit kill, was in BF3 beta. Netcode issue has been a problem for A LONG TIME. I still recall them saying they are improving the netcode with BC2 and it became shittier. As did 2142 when 1.24, IIRC, was released. No DICE is a real shit farm when it come to code; and at times shittier than we conceive to due to quantum shit'ness that is DICE. For example, how much shaky cam do we need, including shaky turrent in armor...does DICE know about stabilizers used in armor......? Roll over a piece of dog shit and the turrent flies everywhere.

They need to stop being Euro in thought and start being game designers with real gaming concepts. Because now the game is even more punitive with team play. For example, at least in BF3 I had the ability to choose the specialization, like ammo, and hopefully another squad member would select something that would make the squad formidable-which obviously didn't work that well due to the tards. So they make their own specializations plan that you have to work for with teamwork. Wasn't the problem with teamwork in the first place due the individual not paying attention with specializations? So due to people not setting orders and working as a squad you can get nothing for a long time.

I can go on......

They need to stop being Euro in thought and start being game designers with real gaming concepts.

those damn yuropists are limiting glorious american achievements!

---
map-of-the-world-according-to-americans.jpg

Fix the delay when looking at friendlies. I am constantly almost killing team mates. Also, fix that uav that is overpowered as fuck. I saw a guy just sitting back at base killing people, he went 40-3 that round.

EA taught me a fine lesson this year, never to pre-order another game from them.

The shit with Sim City should have been an eye opener however I was too naive to believe it'd happen with Battlefield.

I did the same thing. Prepayed for Sim City, and then ending up doing it with BF4, even though I had sworn off of EA games.

Fool me twice, shame on me I guess. Hard lesson learned.

After my pre-order of Sim City, I knew it was gonna happen and I didn't pre-order BF4 because of the shit they pulled on Sim City. Waited till it was $25. Glad I did cause of all the issues I have.

I rarely crash now since a week, i think i haven't even ctd once since then. So i hope it stays like that.

Don't be too hard on yourself. I can understand why you were at least hopeful. I mean - it is a different development team after all. But this just proves to everyone (I hope) that it's a trickle-down effect with the fail.

Glad they are fixing stuff. Funny how the beta was way more stable than the first release.

Glad they are fixing stuff. Funny how the beta was way more stable than the first release.

It is SAD isn't it? I had ZERO ISSUES with the BETA, through all of the updates..I was running a heavily O/C'd 7950 (1.325Ghz/7Ghz) and with everything ULTRA 4X MSAA it was smooth as butter @ 1080P..

Back