Valve Engineer Makes Tongue Controlled Mouse

Wow! That completely "flat" bullshit management scheme is clearly paying dividends!

Oh wow.....I totally could think of a few uses for this....lol

Could you imagine if this was mainstream, and to use somebody else's computer, they had to take the mouse out of their mouth, to use in your mouth. OMG that sounds sick.

Oh wow.....I totally could think of a few uses for this....lol

Could you imagine if this was mainstream, and to use somebody else's computer, they had to take the mouse out of their mouth, to use in your mouth. OMG that sounds sick.

Pretty sure the Japanese already did that.

Could be pretty useful for those without the ability to use their arms/hands etc

I would love to see them make use of this for the disabled folks. This has tremendous potential, and hope it gets utilized in some form like that. GG

I would love to see them make use of this for the disabled folks. This has tremendous potential, and hope it gets utilized in some form like that. GG

I think Steven Hawking already figured out the most efficient mouth movement control mechanisms. This is not it.

Maybe he took it a little too literal during the department meeting when Gabe said "Do I look like I want another tongue in my bum or do I want Half Life 3!"

This is currently used as an interface to. The tongue is one of the last working muscles in many quadriplegics and next gen wheelchairs will (maybe some already do) allow tongue driving. Already there are ones controlled with breath. I think South Park did some jokes on that long ago now that I think of it.

Just ignore that first fragment. Also, let me be the 8 millionth person to QQ over no edits

This is currently used as an interface to. The tongue is one of the last working muscles in many quadriplegics and next gen wheelchairs will (maybe some already do) allow tongue driving. Already there are ones controlled with breath. I think South Park did some jokes on that long ago now that I think of it.

Bite, suck & blow switches (designed by skydivers) are used quite a lot by disabled people too but theyre limited to a simple on/off use. This tongue mouse (or a tiny joystick/dpad) might allow as many as 4 or 5 actions.

If this is the reason why Half Life 3 hasn't been released....

They finished it, but now they have to "tongue-enable" the entire game.

They want 1,000 tongue-enabled games in the steam library by 2015.

Buhahahaha! This is just too easy. Does it come with a set of tongue exercises to increase tongue speed, stamina, and accuracy?

worm

I guess it would be useful for people with disabilities, but the majority of population, not so much.

Back