2M Facebook, Gmail and Twitter Passwords Stolen

HardOCP News

[H] News
Two million Facebook, Gmail and Twitter passwords stolen? Isn't that just lovely. :(

Hackers have stolen usernames and passwords for nearly two million accounts at Facebook, Google, Twitter, Yahoo and others, according to a report released this week. The massive data breach was a result of keylogging software maliciously installed on an untold number of computers around the world, researchers at cybersecurity firm Trustwave said.

Doesn't do any good if the users were bright enough to utilize two-factor authentication, which, Twitter, Facebook, and Google all support.

Big news, keyloggers log keys you enter. This can even include passwords. MASSIVE data breach has been happening for things with passwords, like Facebook, Twitter, and Google. Google has passwords right? We meant to say GMAIL!

Are the page hits going up? BTW, we meant to include EVERTHING with passwords.

So people with terrible internet habits and no sense of security lost more shit. SHOCKER :rolleyes:

Watch the average person operate their computer for 5 minutes and it will make any tech worth their salt want to punch them in the face.

This country is gonna need a "National Change-Your-Passwords Day". Monthly.

My old work made me change my password every few months. You can't use the same password with an incremented number and it's one of the stricter password requirements I've seen.

End result? People forget their passwords all the time and end up writing them down in books next to their computers.

If this was a key-logger theft, why would it be restricted to only a half-dozen sites? Suppose to believe they threw away the credit card and bank accounts? Or, they just never found those?

Back