SHIELD Experience Gets Better With Software Update

HardOCP News

[H] News
SHIELD, our revolutionary gaming portable, is the best way to play Android games. It lets gamers take their favorite PC games and play them on their couch. And it’s a multi-faceted entertainment device that can blast music from its built-in speakers or stream Netflix movies to its built-in 720p touch display. Mastering all these capabilities – and adding new ones – takes great software. Just last month, we released an update that introduced a number of major new features to SHIELD. With our latest software update, available today, we’re taking some of SHIELD’s best features and making them better.

Definitely a cool device but aside from the initial novelty why would I want to play PC games on a hand-held within my home?

Android games are a waste of time and I'll stick to my 24" display and high-quality audio for PC Titles.

If only this thing could stream over the internet to remote locations. I'd be in for sure then.

Definitely a cool device but aside from the initial novelty why would I want to play PC games on a hand-held within my home?

Android games are a waste of time and I'll stick to my 24" display and high-quality audio for PC Titles.

If only this thing could stream over the internet to remote locations. I'd be in for sure then.

Coming soon...

So for a thing that was a bit questionable at launch, each update they do actually seems to add something. I got to test Grid Beta thing, played Street Fighter 4... wasn't that bad. They need to team up with Blizzard and get Hearthstone on Grid Beta... I'd play shit out of that.

Got the new update last night with Grid. Luckily I live in Phoenix so not too far from the San Jose servers. Streaming the games they provided via the internet works perfectly. I am impressed!

Back