GeForce Experience 1.8 Released

HardOCP News

[H] News
All you GeForce Experience users should hit this link to get version 1.8. If you are a GeForce owner that installs drivers the old fashioned way, you might want to give the GeForce Experience a try.

Today, with the release of GeForce Experience 1.8, users can now open a new in-app panel that enables customization of our one-click Optimal Playable Settings. Resolutions up to 3840x2160 can be applied, Fullscreen, Windowed and Borderless Windowed modes can be selected, and optimal settings altered with the movement of a slider, enabling users to choose between default Optimal settings and those that favor image quality over performance, or vice versa.

Meh.. tried it.. not a fan.

On a different note I just picked up an R9 290x.. first amd card ever.

I like that this tool exists. I am a tweaker like most here and don't really need the tool (it just picks maximum on everything anyway, heh), but my son is not and has a somewhat older PC. It's a nice tool for him to use, he can press a button and get a setup which is almost always better than what the games' built in detection selects.

I've tried it and not impressed. Mostly, the settings were as I liked them. Some games it tried turning things up that I preferred down, like WoW ground clutter. I'm not a cookie, so I don't need a cookie cutter build. That's why I build my own systems.

Never cared for these "optimal settings" garbage.

I prefer to get the game running to my own personal tastes and that is almost always different than the way "they" set it to.

I agree with the others. This tool seems to pick setting that I've gone out of my way to set differently. The majirity of the settings seem to match what the game would be if I just cranked everything.

Is it possible to get an NVidia install with just what's needed to run the card without all the bloat?

Also agree that the auto settings tool is pretty useless for tweakers. I do however like that the software automatically downloads new drivers the instant it becomes available and the Shadow Play feature is an excellent replacement to Fraps since there is zero performance drop.

In the update notes it looks like they let you tweak the optimal settings now:

• New optimal settings slider adds fine grained control over performance and quality tradeoff

I also tried it and thought it was garbage because it would essentially just max out every game but I base quite a bit of my EXPERIENCE on maintaining 60FPS and cranking the AA doesn't typically allow for that.

They're actually making improvements to it, along with ShadowPlay; but yeah, if you already know how to optimize a game to run how you like it then using GeForce Experience isn't really necessary.

I love shadow play. No more wishing I recorded this session because I went on a rampage just hit alt f10 and it saves last 10 min

I run it just to turn off the ugly ass green GEFORCE GTX lights.

Also, yesterday's update borked the ability to change game settings, had to roll back to 1.8. Not that I used the optimal settings much.

I agree with the others. This tool seems to pick setting that I've gone out of my way to set differently. The majirity of the settings seem to match what the game would be if I just cranked everything.

Is it possible to get an NVidia install with just what's needed to run the card without all the bloat?

Just choose to do a custom install, then you can uncheck any of the options you don't need/want like 3D drivers, Experience etc....

Useless for me except telling me that new drivers are available to download. Even then pretty useless since I don't want to download drivers on my SSD. :rolleyes:

NVIDIA at least seems fairly committed to iterating on this guy with improvements and additions. I give it a year or so until Experience gets to the point of being indispensable, for one reason or another.

Back