ST.o.CH FACTOR_I

ST.o.CH

n00b
Hi everyone,
I´m building a new prototype case.
This is the second part of the project, the box is to be built in aluminium sheet with one to three millimeters thick, possibly for the foreseeable future be added brass.
For now are the pictures in cad and the model.
I hope you enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello modders, after the paper comes the aluminium. The top and the front with base in rehearsal :D, so far so good.
Stay close for more news.
_C143806498.jpg
_C143807.jpg
_C143811.jpg
_C143814.jpg

The brick and iron do not count:).

ekwb_logo.png
cooling_solutions.png

News for today,
Presenting my first sponsor, EKWB with great stuff :),
My many thanks for Peter and his team for sending me the following cool products:

1 - EK-RAM Monarch X4 - Acetal + Nickel CSQ
2 - EK-RAM Monarch module black
1 - EK-Coolstream XTX 360 radiator
1 - EK-Supremacy CSQ- Acetal+ Nickel
1 - EK-DCP 4.0 ( 12 V DC pump)
_C163824.jpg

_C163828.jpg

_C163848.jpg

_C163836.jpg

_C163838.jpg

_C163844.jpg

_C163843.jpg

_C163850.jpg

_C163851.jpg

I´ll use that wisely;)

I wish I could hook up my TIG welder here in Japan... I would try to do some neat stuff like this =/.

Blow torch and rods? To bond the aluminum together? Seems you would have a lot of finishing work with a dremel and/or files and/or sand paper lol.

Blow torch and rods? To bond the aluminum together? Seems you would have a lot of finishing work with a dremel and/or files and/or sand paper lol.
Not necessarily, what took longer was welding because the rest was already planned and studied in cad:D

Hi there, before the 14 year:cool::cool: arrives here is an update, with the lateral fronts with acrylic and also the slim drive for playing the first diablo:D( later, much much later).
The rear part is to be replaced.
For now on it will be rush time, there are to many things to do until deadline.
By the way,I´m building this case for Cooler Master Casemod 2013 Competition.
_C313858.jpg

_C313862963.jpg

_C313865.jpg

_C313867.jpg

_C313869485.jpg

_C313872.jpg

_C313877.jpg

_C313879.jpg

Hi modders:),
Un update for the day,
The rear and center parts and some hardware from graveyard to see how it looks:D:D,
_1093892.jpg

_1093894.jpg

_1093900.jpg

_1093906.jpg

_1093907797.jpg

_1093909.jpg

_1093911381.jpg

_1093912.jpg

_1093915.jpg

_1093916.jpg

_1093919.jpg

_1093921.jpg

That is seriously awesome. I love this. Never have I seen such a wicked case build from scratch. I like you designed it AND are fabricating it. I'm not usually into mid/full tower builds, but this one really sparks my interest.

Nicely done. Keep up the fine work!

That is seriously awesome. I love this. Never have I seen such a wicked case build from scratch. I like you designed it AND are fabricating it. I'm not usually into mid/full tower builds, but this one really sparks my interest.

Nicely done. Keep up the fine work!
Thanks mate, my work is not perfect, I´m still learning.

Thanks mate, my work is not perfect, I´m still learning.
Not perfect?! Pfffft... There is no substitute for the hand crafted touch. Those little imperfections are what make it truly unique.

More than just the craftsmanship, I really like the process you're going through. From the prototype to fabrication. Pretty cool.

Not perfect?! Pfffft... There is no substitute for the hand crafted touch. Those little imperfections are what make it truly unique.

More than just the craftsmanship, I really like the process you're going through. From the prototype to fabrication. Pretty cool.
These compliments coming from someone in the itx world are really good, especially when I have to manufacture the same piece twice because the first failures in something.
Having said that I'm giving two slaps in my face because the ego it is start to growing:D :D.

Good news:), for today a small update,
Improved motherboard screws.
Before, screws screwed:mad:, one gets away,
_1123932.jpg

The new one, before and after worked,
_1123935.jpg

There it is the fugitive,
_1123941.jpg

_1123943.jpg

It's coming along nicely. Can't wait to see more, especially as you start to fit hardware in there! :drool:

It's coming along nicely. Can't wait to see more, especially as you start to fit hardware in there! :drool:
Thanks CMadki4, I hope start to put hardware inside before next weekend, waiting for the rest of pieces :cool:.

Hello everyone, an update for today, the side doors.
After losing a week in idleness, also because I was waiting of the glass to be able to continue the work.
Another issue is the fact that I have delayed ordering the connectors,
as that only arrived in March I've dropped out of order, and so my work grows more than expected.

The two doors already with glasses on.
_1304028.jpg

Small detail of labor with drill, jigsaw and a bit of sanding,
_1304032.jpg

Fixing with brass,
_1304046.jpg

_1304051.jpg

_1304052.jpg

_1304053.jpg

Small adventure making fittings, true will come at leak test,
_1304041.jpg

After spending more than 40 hours on the doors since the last post,
in order to reduce working hours I'm going to need a machine for cutting/drilling/router type linear machining,
apart from the fact that I am satisfied with the work and labor, I also need idle time to muster weird stuff.
That's all for now.

Hello modders, it's been a while.
For today I bring the underside that will accommodate deposits and the hinge system.
The painting has given me a lot of work because I haven't been able to get the right color and it's one of the things that I do not understand almost nothing.
Despite the problems that have arisen the good news are the dimensions of the case, which will replace the 331, fits under the desk.
_2214064.jpg

_2214066.jpg

_2214065.jpg

_2214059.jpg

_2214062.jpg

_2214063.jpg

Hello everyone, today I bring to you another update,
this time the doors are already in the right place and functioning properly,
the solution was to pull the shaft to the top, and to complicate, the situation got better.
The lower area of the box looked like a ferry boat was crafted in front for the moment,
and getting the box mounted until it gets well, also some accidents of course the ink level.
_3144067583.jpg

_3144069.jpg

_3144070103.jpg

_3144073.jpg

_3144074.jpg

_3144075.jpg

_3144078.jpg

_3144080.jpg

_3144081.jpg

The two versions of the same question.
_3144082.jpg

_3144083.jpg

_3144084.jpg

Until next update.

Left case makes me think of Gundams. Curious to see what it looks like filled.

Hello modders, for today I bring another update, the front renewed with the DVD drive in the top position in order to avoid conflicts with the door. The last outside part was the easiest to carry out and the next step will be to dismantle everything, sanding and painting. Inside the box left to do the power supply and access to deposits caps.
By now are these photos, I'm sorry to have taken so long to get here.

See you later.

Hello modders, for today I bring a month update of hobby.
The pieces finally met the White right (this glossy white),
The feet are covered in gold leaf, as they have the responsibility to stand
with everything on top. Deposits are actually two fire extinguishers, one of two kg of CO2 and one of six pounds of powder, both lost contents and received internal treatment anti oxygen
(anti-corrosion zinc spray), the visible tubes are for filling of liquid refrigerant.
The blocks and radiator EKWB are well inside the box, because this is being done by measure.
In front, the acrylic jars filled with light and, with the right touch until they are able to change color.
Jokes apart of that I got rid of, just missing the sleeving, covers for the source and disks with
the brand name and, more important, my version of the connectors.

Take care.

I'm curious to how the wiring went? Love the look and style! Name it Shredder! ;8)

Very impressive case, I gotta say some mean fabrication skills to make that things from the ground up. Did it get inspired by CM Stacker 830 and In-Win H-Frame by any chance? I'm also feeling a good bit of Half Life 2 in this case. Love the old-school AMD board too! :)

Very impressive case, I gotta say some mean fabrication skills to make that things from the ground up. Did it get inspired by CM Stacker 830 and In-Win H-Frame by any chance? I'm also feeling a good bit of Half Life 2 in this case. Love the old-school AMD board too! :)

Thanks bro, the first front was a derivation of Corsair Carbide 540 Air, the main box style is an evolution of my first project.

Greetings,
Here comes a small update, the scheme of fittings and a sample of it.

In the middle is virtue.

The pack.

Until then, take care.

such a cool and awesome case mod. the case design reminds me of a Neill Blomkamp film. Specifically Elysium and District 9. love it

Back