World of Warcraft Movie Slips to March 2016

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
For those of you who keep track of progress on the World of Warcraft movie, prepare yourselves for another slight delay in its reported release scheduled in 2015.

Whether this glacial production pace negatively impacts the final film remains to be seen - assuming any of us are still alive when the movie finally debuts.

It missed the window by about 5 years. Blizzard has run so dry out of content that it either needs to retcon it or go back and visit stuff already done like with the next expansion. What could it possibly give us in the movie?

It missed the window by about 5 years. Blizzard has run so dry out of content that it either needs to retcon it or go back and visit stuff already done like with the next expansion. What could it possibly give us in the movie?

Well, they do have a robust fantasy universe in the Warcraft setting ... with The Hobbit and Game of Thrones doing well there is certainly room for a robust fantasy offering ... that said, the history of adapting games into movies does not bode well for them ... if they focus on making a good movie they might still have a shot ... if they focus on making a game tie-in then they are definitely doomed

The movie isn't going to based on WoW, it's going to be based on Warcaft 1 and 2, aka the coming of the Orcs to Azeroth.

I really hope that the movie gets cancelled. I can't see it doing anything but bringing shame and embarrassment to the entire franchise and anyone who currently plays a Warcraft game.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Or it could be because the new Star Wars film was announced to be released on the same day, hence the move.

The movie isn't going to based on WoW, it's going to be based on Warcaft 1 and 2, aka the coming of the Orcs to Azeroth.

If that's true, I'll probably watch it when it gets to Blu Ray. I don't got to theaters anyway; if it's based on World of Warcraft itself, I could probably care less =/

At this rate the game will be a ghost town by the time it comes out. Not that anyone will care, I don't even care now.

As I stated, Blizzard has run so dry on content, not only is it going to return to Warcraft 1 and 2 for the next expansion, but now it is also doing it for the movie. Supposedly it is also making the original games playable on modern systems again as well.

That was infact the case (they said as much). Star Wars was pushed back from summer to when this was supposed to be released. I really don't think anyone, much less a big fantasy movie like this, wants to launch against a JJ Abrams Star Wars VII.

I wonder if the story will be 9 hours of the characters doing exactly the same thing over and over again.

with the movie being delayed over and over again, i dunno... I think they should just cancel it, and this is coming from a someone is a "NERD" (as everyone has pointed out) for the Warcraft and Starcraft lore. ;)

I wonder if the story will be 9 hours of the characters doing exactly the same thing over and over again.

Nine hours of 39 dudes and one girl (or 24/1) setting up for and failing at the latest raid boss over and over until everyone leaves in a hissy fit.

Actually there was already a documentary about raiding life. :(

Back