NZXT Announces The KRAKEN G10 GPU Bracket

HardOCP News

[H] News
NZXT has just announced the KRAKEN G10 GPU bracket, an inexpensive way to mount an aftermarket all-in-one cooler to your graphics card. The G10 will be available December 10th.

The steel Kraken G10 bracket allows users to mount the NZXT Kraken coolers as well as non-NZXT brand liquid coolers to their GPU with ease. ( See compatibility list for compatible coolers) With an included 92mm fan to cool the VRM and the high performance abilities of the Kraken cooler, the Kraken G10 offers over 40% cooling increases over stock coolers*, a level of performance only previously achievable with a costly custom liquid cooled setup.

$130 bucks +shipping for a complete single GPU cooling solution....if I didn't know any better, this product would be compelling for GPU cryptocurrency miners. For a little more then the cost of a single GPU waterblock, you can get a complete cooling system for the GPU.

Definitely want to see how it performs...hell, even if it performs 5% better than stock, that's still not a bad idea for those of you with Radeon R9s.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would never buy a water cooling block from China. If the pitted quality of the those barbs is any indication of the rest of it. Furthermore that just cools your GPU not the VRM like this would.

In terms of cheap water cooling, that's not cheap. It's just a metal plate for $30

And a backplate. And a fan. But you're paying for convenience.

But I can see pairing this with a Maingear Epic 180 to quieten a 290X. Or a pair for crossfire.

Plus not everyone has time or the will to plan out a loop. PnP has its place in the market.

In terms of cheap water cooling, that's not cheap. It's just a metal plate for $30, while on ebay you get the water block for $24 that doesn't need it. BTW, the CPU water block is pretty good too for $25.

As long as they're not made with aluminum, it should be safe with your water cooling setup. Throw in a cheap water pump and a resevior and you have a cheap water cooling setup that no air cooling can touch.

Or buy this mounting plate for NZXT for $30, throw in a $30 Corsair H60 have save alot of money.

Sigh, not compatible with 7970 :( I imagine you could make it work with a shim, but bleh for that.

The R9 290 isn't listed either. I thought the 290x and 290 layout were virtually the same.

Need to see some reviews of this. Does it even have contact with what it's cooling or is it just a bracket with a fan?

And I've just got an idiotic auto-response from NZXT to say that I must register with them. F*** them if they don't want to sell their goods.

It is compatible, they just don't have the full list yet. Same goes for the 290 280 280x etc.

Confirmed here
http://www.reddit.com/r/NZXT/comments/1rhxf3/kraken_g10_gpu_bracket_is_now_available_for/

It might be listed as compatible with the 7970, but the gpu die is still recessed on those cards, so there's no way the bracket will magically make a flat contact plate fit down into the space for the gpu die.

If it IS "compatible" with the 7970, you'll still need a shim to make it work.

Why no edit button on my post?

Anyway, I should mention that this is not so much a flaw with the the bracket design as it is with the card itself. Props to nzxt for making this an option for the newer cards.

I can't justify going from 7970 xfire to 290 xfire though just so I can liquid cool them using these, the performance just isn't there :(

So for real performance you're still going to want either an aftermarket heatsink or a cut-down stock heatsink to put on the RAM and VRM. Will need to see some numbers...

Anyone have a list of Asetek manufactured AIO coolers?

I have been specing out a WCing loop for a few days and I'm already over $450 including the GPU Block.

This for $30 + an AIO is much more preferable!

Anyone have a list of Asetek manufactured AIO coolers?

I have been specing out a WCing loop for a few days and I'm already over $450 including the GPU Block.

This for $30 + an AIO is much more preferable!

Quoting myself here..

Should have read a little deeper.
Code:
NZXT : Kraken X60, Kraken X40 
Corsair : H110, H90 , H55 , H50 
Antec : KUHLER H2O 920V4, KUHLER H2O 620V4, KUHLER H2O 920, KUHLER H2O 620 
Thermaltake : Water 3.0 Extreme, Water 3.0 Pro, Water 3.0 Performer Water 2.0 Extreme, Water 2.0 Pro, Water 3.0 Performer 
Zalman : LQ-320, LQ-315, LQ-310

Think an H110 or H90 is sufficient to cool a R290 (non-X)? Or, H55 or H50?

Better yet, of those listed as compatible, what's recommended out of it?

I've had a response from Maingear saying they don't sell their coolers separately. :(

Not sure how well it will work in some crossfire setups. Looking at the pics, it looks like it makes the cards take up 3 PCI slots. My brother has been eyeing these since we saw them a couple months back.

because I'd love to spend money on chinese knock off stuff -- while having the radiator exhaust back onto the very card it's trying to cool.

I'd rather aircool than use this thing.

Just ordered one....for my R9 290. I have a couple of Dwood's on a GTX680 & 7970 that I've been using for over a year...neither card goes over 65C and rarely goes over 55C in games, and...they are silent. Both have pretty good OC - GTX is 1200/1650;7970 is 1150/1550.

Highly recommended, just need some heatsinks for the VRM and memory(you can find the AC 002 heatsink kit on ebay for $13).

Far easier than installing ANY of the 3rd pary heatsinks...and much easier than AC Hybrid. And you don't need a large AIO system....any should do the trick.

Heh, been doing the DIY version of this for a couple years, as have some of the other people on this forum. There is/was a guy at Overclock selling brackets for like $7 where all you needed to add was an Antec 620 for the GPU and a fan for the VRAM, which could be had for $30-40 total, and best part is its remained compatible since my GTX580, through the GTX680, and now a GTX780. Temps never go above about 55C.

I've been there/done that with elaborate custom loops and this is far more convenient and gives me 90-95% of the benefit.

I certainly would like to have some of dwood's brackets for my Kuhler 620 playtimes but I like the price of black zip ties even better :p

DOH. Here I am rambling about dwood in my previous post without having read this whole thread. Funny how many people know about him. The design of this NZXT bracket and the mounting cutout reminded me of his, so not surprised to hear he had something to do with the development of this.

It really has been a breakthrough thing, since my GPU's run overclocked and yet my system is dead silent.

AIO only? Seemed interesting, because I use a universal waterblock on my card, and a backplate/fan system would have been nice. Cant fit the old dual fan assembly on with tubing in the way, so VRMs get hot.

I could see building a system with 4k in mind using two or three of these to cool GPUs- the 140mm sandwiched versions like the H90 should be clear for just about anything; the only challenge will be finding an amenable enclosure that allows for balanced, filtered airflow with the CPU and GPU integrated water-coolers to be set to exhaust :).

Or buy this mounting plate for NZXT for $30, throw in a $30 Corsair H60 have save alot of money.

Quoting myself here..

Should have read a little deeper.
Code:
NZXT : Kraken X60, Kraken X40 
Corsair : H110, H90 , H55 , H50 
Antec : KUHLER H2O 920V4, KUHLER H2O 620V4, KUHLER H2O 920, KUHLER H2O 620 
Thermaltake : Water 3.0 Extreme, Water 3.0 Pro, Water 3.0 Performer Water 2.0 Extreme, Water 2.0 Pro, Water 3.0 Performer 
Zalman : LQ-320, LQ-315, LQ-310
The cheapest H50 which the bracket can take is $55 from Newegg. Add $30 for the brakcet, and you just have a setup to cool the graphics card alone. Would need another $55 for the CPU. The man point of the is convenience. A custom water cooling setup, even one where the parts are cheap knock off Chinese parts would still cool better for that price. And if you need more cooling you can always expand a custom setup.

I would never buy a water cooling block from China. If the pitted quality of the those barbs is any indication of the rest of it. Furthermore that just cools your GPU not the VRM like this would.
The barbs are G1/4 so you can replace them with your choosing. Water blocks aren't complicated, and they don't need to cost much. Honestly they're all made in China so what's the point? As long as you use an all copper system, and nothing is conducting meaning there's insulation between the radiator and the case, then nothing should go wrong. I also like to use car coolant and some Red Line Water Wetter to prevent electrolysis and growth.

The NZXT is just a fan that aims air at the VRM to cool it, not the block itself. Normally I would just stick some copper heat sinks and use my cases air circulation to cool them.

sku3725.jpg

In terms of cheap water cooling, that's not cheap. It's just a metal plate for $30, while on ebay you get the water block for $24 that doesn't need it. BTW, the CPU water block is pretty good too for $25.

As long as they're not made with aluminum, it should be safe with your water cooling setup. Throw in a cheap water pump and a resevior and you have a cheap water cooling setup that no air cooling can touch.

do you use that (or close to) setup? I'm not flaming, but I'm not sure I'd trust low price ebay hardware to cool high end stuff. Even if they held up, would they do well?

Back