Anybody have any big purchases planned for the Steam Autumn Sale

kbrickley

Supreme [H]ardness
The Steam Autumn Sale should start up tomorrow ... Anybody have any big purchases planned ... hopefully I can clear a couple of items off my wishlist and my kids want Football Manager 2014 ... I will probably have my eye out for good deals on a couple of the big titles on my wishlist:

Dishonored
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Bioshock Infinite
XCOM: Enemy Unknown
Shadowrun Returns
Anomaly 2
Company of Heroes 2

I will probably watch for any interesting Indie titles too ... Anyone else planning to add to their Steam backlog during the Autumn or Christmas sales :D

Hell yeah, first of all I HOPE that State of Decays get a discount. I've been chasing that game for a long time now and I want to buy it for a good price although its still in development for PC.

And I'm sure I'll buy plenty of other games too, I always do in the Autumn Sales =)

Bioshock Infinite and definitely Borderlands 2 will be the main ones I'll be looking for. Metro Last Light will be high up on the list too.

Bioshock Infinite and definitely Borderlands 2 will be the main ones I'll be looking for. Metro Last Light will be high up on the list too.

I'll have Borderlands 2 at a good price this Black Friday if you want a digital copy, tradeable gift from Steam ( A lot cheaper than in the Steam Store ) also Metro:LL. If you are interested PM me =)

I have the following games on my wishlist. However, my benchmark to purchase them is about 60% or higher discounts or they can go fuck themselves.

Skullgirls
Rayman Legends
State of Decay
Enslaved
Marvel Super Heroes
Walking Dead Season 2
Ass Creed Liberation
BG2 Enhanced Edition
Wolf Among Us
Duck Tales
Contrast
Stanley Parable
Grim Dawn
Payday 2
Swapper
Shadowrun Returns
Unepic
Rise of the Triad

Already purchased Thief, Injustice Gods Among Us and NFS Rivals.

I'll be buying games for my friend's b-day (from his wishlist). Not much else planned unless I get more cash before that.

Bioshock Infinite

Bioshock Infinite

I'm stunned you both held out this long!! Excellent game, best thing I've played in a while.

I have too much of a backlog at the moment and have hit most of the major titles - I could try state of decay, if the price was right. Maybe some of the other indie titles will be interesting..

Btw BioShock pack (all 3 games) is for 15 bucks on Amazon. It won't be cheaper on Steam sale so might as well grab it now.

I wish I could get steam credit on amazon. I've got $250 in amazon credit. I'd probably pick up a lot of stuff if they sold gift codes for steam.

Err.. Amazon does sell Steam codes. For example, if you buy BioShock Infinite, you are paying for a Steam code that you can enter. Not sure what you mean but you can buy Steam and Origin games on Amazon.com usually at cheaper rates than Steam.

Err.. Amazon does sell Steam codes. For example, if you buy BioShock Infinite, you are paying for a Steam code that you can enter. Not sure what you mean but you can buy Steam and Origin games on Amazon.com usually at cheaper rates than Steam.

Im referring to credit or gift cards. Purchasing a game code from Amazon does not get you something at the steam sale price (unless its the same or lower, obviously).

If you want to gift the games you can just send the code to the person you want to gift it to. Also, separately, Amazon prices are more often than not lower than steam prices during sales (atleast my experience).

I have practically stopped buying on steam since either:
a) I have already bought the game at a cheaper price elsewhere (typically, Amazon, Greenmangaming, forum etc.) - applicable for per-orders
b) The sale price on steam is higher than one on Amazon (quite common) - applicable during sales

Only time I buy now on Steam is when the game is exclusive to Steam and not available elsewhere (still rarely happens).

I'm stunned you both held out this long!! Excellent game, best thing I've played in a while.

I have too much of a backlog at the moment and have hit most of the major titles - I could try state of decay, if the price was right. Maybe some of the other indie titles will be interesting..

Yeah its been high on my wishlist but was never a "must buy" for me. I enjoyed the first 2 but they didn't really blow me away. Most of my gaming lately has been replaying Dead Space 3 and Batman AC and as always some Mass Effect thrown in. Then Batman Origins was a day 1 buy that has kept me busy. So I guess I've had enough to keep me occupied enough that I could wait for it to go on sale.

I think I'll skip this one and save up for the holiday sales

Unless there's a huge discount for Far Cry 3

For the first time ever I plan to buy nothing at all. The Steam backlog is huge and all I do is play World of Tanks anyway.

i'm not sure what price you are looiking for but bioshock infinite and borderlands 2 have both been in the sub 10$ on sales just recently as the last couple of weeks..

BL2 was on sale for 6$ just last week.

don't expect the Steam Autumn sale to beat any of the past sales we've seen on Amazon or GmG or even on the weekend/summer sales from Steam

Probably passing on this sale also, just have too much backlog.

If you want to gift the games you can just send the code to the person you want to gift it to. Also, separately, Amazon prices are more often than not lower than steam prices during sales (atleast my experience).

I have practically stopped buying on steam since either:
a) I have already bought the game at a cheaper price elsewhere (typically, Amazon, Greenmangaming, forum etc.) - applicable for per-orders
b) The sale price on steam is higher than one on Amazon (quite common) - applicable during sales

Only time I buy now on Steam is when the game is exclusive to Steam and not available elsewhere (still rarely happens).

My posts cannot possibly be that unlcear.

My posts cannot possibly be that unlcear.

You're quite clear on what you want to do.
  • You have Amazon credit.
  • You'd like to spend that credit on a Steam Gift Card/Wallet Money.
  • Amazon doesn't sell Steam gift cards.

I honestly have no idea how you guys manage to buy games on Amazon. I find their user interface to browse games (if you don't know what exactly you want) to be so bad that I'd rather not buy anything than subject myself to the infuriating mess of browsing games on Amazon.

Meh...

Typically it's the same sale over again... so yes I look but it seems it always comes down to I already have it or Steam is only doing 50%.

There are also some games you can only get on Steam. Risk of Rain for example. Freaking awesome game that you could only buy on Steam. You can get it at Humble too I think, but places like Amazon don't sell these games until much later usually. I've been mostly playing these indie titles lately, so I hope there are some good deals.

Hell yeah, first of all I HOPE that State of Decays get a discount. I've been chasing that game for a long time now and I want to buy it for a good price although its still in development for PC.

Be warned, although there are mouse/keyboard controls in the game now, the mouse control sucks bad due to massive, unchangeable mouse acceleration.

They are supposed to fix it in the next patch, but they've been talking about it for several patches now and it still isn't done. Haven't touched the game since some initial play with the controller (which sadly is the best option right now, even though it sucks too for aiming).

plus one...

All you guys asking about fc3. It is gonna be like 7.49 on the 27th or 29th on amazon. I think $15 on 29th for fc3 deluxe+fc blood dragon. Dunno what the deluxe brings to the table.

I'm hoping for a few myself:
Deadpool
Transformers fall of cybtron
Ducktales
Far cry 3
Enslaved
Castlevania los

Well see about transformers and deadpool. Activision seem to never drop prices on these games. Whose gonna pay $60 for a 2011 game!

FC3 Deluxe throws in a bunch of extra missions & weapons plus the soundtrack I think.

I am in the middle of my third Skyrim play-through at the moment. Really hoping the expansions go on sale so I can add those to this play-through.

Other than that, there's a few I'm looking for, but since they're mostly new releases I'm not holding my breath on any good sales.

Ugh, I tried but just could not get into this game. It felt so clunky and forced. One of the most overhyped games of recent memory, IMO. When I finished it I knew I would never play it again. Glad I did not pay full price!

Ugh, I tried but just could not get into this game. It felt so clunky and forced. One of the most overhyped games of recent memory, IMO. When I finished it I knew I would never play it again. Glad I did not pay full price!

To each their own I suppose - I think everyone can pick at least one item in pop culture (not just gaming) that everyone else LOVED that they didn't. Such is life.

Waiting for a good price on the DLC's for Bioshock Infinite and Dishonoured. Also Metro Last Light.

Not really eying much of anything but if something good comes up, I'll probably buy it just because. I seem to be a game collector rather than a game player these days. Such a large backlog.

Though, if Chivalry: Deadliest Warrior is on sale, I'll probably jump on it.

Not really eying much of anything but if something good comes up, I'll probably buy it just because. I seem to be a game collector rather than a game player these days. Such a large backlog.

This sounds just like me. I think we need to start a support group or something! :D

Back