You Can Now Explore Middle-Earth on Google Chrome

Wonder how much New Line/MGM paid for that interactive advertisement

I would think it the other way around. I would never miss a Lotr or Hobbit movie. I have however, passed on trying Chrome, until now. This looks like a fun waste of time.:)

It's just a map that can't zoom in very far and a few awful minigames. That doesn't quite constitute "Exploring Middle-Earth" does it? I was expecting a lot more.

I would think it the other way around. I would never miss a Lotr or Hobbit movie. I have however, passed on trying Chrome, until now. This looks like a fun waste of time.:)

Until this was said I did not know what the fuck this even was going to be about.

Can't help but wonder what would be possible if Google actually supported W3C browser standards like Pointer Events.

They are getting so proprietary lately.

I was hoping for a Street View or a Google Earth-style gliding over the surface, but that's ok, I enjoyed what they made too!

This works in Internet Explorer 11 (desktop) in Windows 8.1. Didn't try it in IE11 (touch). In fact, the POI loaded 3 or 4 times faster in IE11 than in Chrome.

Woo, browser exclusive shovelware!

It works in IE also, but there's no support for Lynx...not that its really worth it anyway since its just a crappy high res image you can zoom out and in with a few clickable locations that take forever to load displaying images or games.

Back