Complaints Of Broken Xbox One Disc Drives Surface

Beautiful. I wonder what the next complaint will be...lower resolution than the PS4? No you can't really complain about that since it was already known. Considering how empty the Xbox's case is, i doubt RROD issues...let's see...well it is M$ so GSODs (Green screen of Death) are always a possibility...oh wait: http://furiousfanboys.com/2013/11/s...ng-a-green-screen-of-death-or-bad-disc-drive/
...the Xbox One simply will not boot past the initial green logo screen. Micrsoft has not responded to that thread at all, although the mods have no problem censoring customer’s posts.

and yet again DO NOT buy launch products, you know these companies don't care about you they know the tools and minions will RUSH out to buy these every time they release them

people always bitch when shit is b0rk'd... as they should. Rarely do you see a "my stuff is working perfect - this is awesome" thread.

just glad I waited now seen these problems on the consoles.

I am not happy or sad. I really wanted to be excited for the next gen console, but they arent bringing anything to the table that i cant already do on my 3 year old PC. At least when the PS3 came out it had cutting edge specs, blu-ray drive for 1080p content --etc etc. it was an excellent media center.

microsoft released a fix for the bad drive though some offline update. however once install that update the system ends up banned.

Sony and Microsoft could fix a lot of problems if these machines weren't manufactured in China. Remember when good stuff came from Japan.

not surprised actually, as I posted on the PS4 thread regarding the PS4 failure rate, the things you risk for being the first :D

So what was the point of that 8 second video? To show the DVD go into the xbox and that's it?

I'm glad I learned my lesson after getting an Xbox 360.... seriously one person in that thread said they went through 6 Xbox 360s and still decided to get a Xbox One. Wow...just WOW.

I'm glad I learned my lesson after getting an Xbox 360.... seriously one person in that thread said they went through 6 Xbox 360s and still decided to get a Xbox One. Wow...just WOW.

in his defense, Microsoft typical screw up every other releases. Me, Vista, etc. :D

Never had a problem buying launch products. I still have my day-one PS3 working like it's new.

It's a tiny risk that it will happen. Who thinks that a company would have a perfect launch record with zero defects? I doubt ANY company is that way. From motherboards to video cards to consoles, there will always be some defects on some of the released products.

Unless it's a huge number (10% or more), then it's just a normal launch release (At least for modern consoles...).

Never had a problem buying launch products. I still have my day-one PS3 working like it's new.

Nice! Do you use it?

4 360's for me and 2 PS3's. Only 1 Wii, but keeps working though.

Wouldn't be such a big issue if you could just buy a 5.25 drive and stick it in the Xbox. But you can't cause of voiding warranty and the drives are likely unique to the device which requires a special key to match with the board.

You know what you can do that sorta thing with? A freakin gaming PC. What's interesting is that it's been proven already that you can build a more powerful PC then the PS4 for $400. So you should be able to obliterate the Xbone with $500.

I was visiting the Amazon pages to see what the issue is this time (compared to the HDMI issues with the PS4), quite frankly about 140+ of the 170 one star supposedly grinding disc issues are not even verified purchases, so im guessing the only thing we can verify is that 100% of 100% forum posters are . err. im not sure anymore if 100% of the forum posters are.. whatever :rolleyes:

Wow this is failure. What's with today's consoles being so problematic on launch? Makes me glad I'm not one of those people to jump on something new. Then again I did pre order the Wii U when it came out, my first console since the Playstation 1. The Wii U did not have any issues though.

Though I'm really not a fan of this online stuff and needing to make an account and all that jazz. To me, it should be an option, not a requirement.

I like how my new Zelda 3DS looks better than both consoles.

Atleast my Wii U had no problems besides the software updates and slow menus at launch :rolleyes:.

I'm kinda playing the waiting game right now till they get this mess sorted by both companies. Right now I got my 3D World and new Zelda on my 3DS to keep me busy :D

Statistic of the day: 100% of the people complaining of broken disc drives on the Xbox One forums have broken disc drives.

slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif

I was visiting the Amazon pages to see what the issue is this time (compared to the HDMI issues with the PS4), quite frankly about 140+ of the 170 one star supposedly grinding disc issues are not even verified purchases, so im guessing the only thing we can verify is that 100% of 100% forum posters are . err. im not sure anymore if 100% of the forum posters are.. whatever :rolleyes:

Shills

Most launch devices IMO are late betas. They need a couple months of user real-world data collection to achieve something stable.

I don't understand how consoles have such bad disc drives. PC disc drives some how don't really ever have these type of issues like this.

I don't understand how consoles have such bad disc drives. PC disc drives some how don't really ever have these type of issues like this.

The price of slot-loading versus tray-loading. Same reason laptops tend to have more optical drive failures. Still better than the exposed laser diodes and drive motors of yesteryear though.

Seriously?

I went through about 4 or 5 DVD Burners last time I bought one for myself. They would work for a couple times, and then the next time I went to burn something they wouldn't work.

They are pretty much all trash IMHO. You are lucky if you get one that will actually burn after a few uses.

"Remember when good stuff came from Japan" ? umm, not so long ago but not before the dinosaurs roamed the planet, it was japan cheap knockoffs. It just takes awhile for labour reform to catch up to an exploited labour pool. Soon it will be quality Chinese products. But, being a western fan my bias hopes for a return of quality north American manufacturing in the high tech space (and friendly to the environment).

There was a poster earlier on anand stating something along these lines. So you are not alone in thinking this. Same thing happened on best buy when the 7970 released, online the store only had like 100 in stock but there were a few hundred "owners" saying their card was shit.

Seriously?

I went through about 4 or 5 DVD Burners last time I bought one for myself. They would work for a couple times, and then the next time I went to burn something they wouldn't work.

They are pretty much all trash IMHO. You are lucky if you get one that will actually burn after a few uses.

I've not experienced this. Yes, I've had some drives die, but never got one DOA and at most I've had one that died within a year. If I got 2 bad ones in a row, I'd just get a refund and buy a different brand/model.

Back