Indie Game Developer's PayPal Hacked, Crooks Bought Three PS4s

HardOCP News

[H] News
Stealing from an indie developer's PayPal account so you can buy three PS4s is pretty damn low. Thankfully it should only be a matter of time before the crooks are caught.

With three days left in the Secrets of Rætikon Indiegogo campaign, developer Broken Rules discovered its PayPal account had been hacked and someone had spent $2,500, in part to order three PS4 consoles, studio co-founder Martin Pichlmair told Joystiq.

I'm certain that PayPal will go above and beyond to make this right.

Yep by sliding against them and charging him the 2500 and locking his account so he cant get any of his money out

At least the thief spent it wisely...could have really screwed up and got 2 XBone's.

Yep by sliding against them and charging him the 2500 and locking his account so he cant get any of his money out

OMG isn't that the truth. Many years ago PP stole several hundreds of $ from my acct. Some tool I sold a CPU to off ebay claimed he didn't get it. I shipped USPS and even though I paid for tracking it didn't show up in their system and I got schooled on that whole deal. Lost the $ from the sale which was like $350 at the time(cpus used to be more $$$) and then all the $ I had in my pp acct they took too; which was like $300-500 or so. Locked, and they wouldn't give it back claiming some bs about my lack of obeying the shipping rules. Any little loophole for them to jam your $ up and boom; it's "mine" now per paypal.

Back