Firefox 'Australis' to Bring UI Enhancements to the Browser

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Beginning Monday, Mozilla will be offering Firefox Australis UX build of the Firefox browser for downloading and testing through Mozilla ‘nightlies’.

Australis is a project aimed at developing a streamlined interface for the Firefox browser with an updated design, improved customizability and a new Firefox menu.

Too bad that instead of making actual enhancements to security (sandbox, low integrity, etc.) they are just making it look like Chrome. Not enough to save it, and I am a Firefox user. At least until this comes out.

Too bad that instead of making actual enhancements to security (sandbox, low integrity, etc.) they are just making it look like Chrome. Not enough to save it, and I am a Firefox user. At least until this comes out.

Maybe they want to focus on refreshing the look before tackling those issues? I agree though, the actual security issues and such should be worked on first...

I don't want this crap. I want visible, easy to see UI elements. Not a sleek bar that has a tiny sliver to denote the space between buttons. Yeah it looks nice, but usability goes down the shitter. Go ahead and do what Google does with everything else and start removing functionality too. "90% of users don't want to see settings in the settings menu, so we're removing them"

Today I learned there are multiple nightlies. I've been running nightly for a while now. Pretty epically stable for an alpha channel browser. Now to go UX branh w00t. Will report how it goes. Maybe I can get shumway working with google music finally.

Well it's a pretty minor change really. Moved the menu dialog to the right and started using larger icons instead of text. Tabs now look more in line with chromium, but with tab groups. Customize works exactly like before with a little more polish. All plugins continued to work and everything is running smoothly, even flash. 8 tabs with a music flash player and all my home pages running is eating up 500MB of RAM. Not too bad. Tabs now move around with a thumbnail too.

I don't want this crap. I want visible, easy to see UI elements. Not a sleek bar that has a tiny sliver to denote the space between buttons. Yeah it looks nice, but usability goes down the shitter. Go ahead and do what Google does with everything else and start removing functionality too. "90% of users don't want to see settings in the settings menu, so we're removing them"

No shit man. The last thing I want is another IE or Chrome interface. I want buttons and shit!

Ew chrome. Oh well I've been using Walnut for nearly 10 years and as long as that isn't screwed up I'll be ok.

Have you guys actually used it. It still has all the firefox features, just curvy tabs and a new menu dialog. I'm running at home now. No one reads my posts.

Back