The First In-Game Footage of Next Car Game

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Bugbear Entertainment has released a pre-alpha video of their Next Car Game Kickstarter project. If this is pre-alpha, the finished project should be something just short of spectacular. :cool:

If you want to show the player playing the game... at least ask the him to wear shoes...
The physic is closer to need for speed "reality" then ours...

My only complaint, why is he driving from the center of the car. Feels like it should be slightly off to the left.

because in every racing game you're always in the middle of the screen

when i play f1 2013 i don't sit to the left of the pc

If you want to see this game, simply support the kick starter campaign, doesn't have to be much.

If you want to show the player playing the game... at least ask the him to wear shoes...
The physic is closer to need for speed "reality" then ours...

Completely different to Need for Speed, shocked that you would even say something like that, clearly haven't played many racing games in your life.

[EOCF] Tim;1040387598 said:
Completely different to Need for Speed, shocked that you would even say something like that, clearly haven't played many racing games in your life.

He said the *physics* were like the need for speed series, e.g. action racing, he hits the vehicles, no damage to his vehicle was present, cars jump with little to no damage/physical reaction, etc..

Yeah have to agree with the NFS physics comparison. That's not a bad thing though. Never liked racing games where you were always worried you were gonna break the car if you tapped something too hard.

I actually would love to see another racing game come out similar to NFSMW where you're balls to the wall bouncing off of crap in an urban environment at 200mph with 8 other people. On the PC of course. :p

could at least get someone that could make it a few corners without slamming into everyone

Looks fun, I might have to put my old steering wheel to use on that.

Why is it that every car game looks amazing in a video then you actually get it and it's meh?

he hits the vehicles, no damage to his vehicle was present, cars jump with little to no damage/physical reaction, etc..

If you actually go their Kickstarter page, it says that damage on the players car was turned off for demonstration purposes (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1470493497/next-car-game-a-motorsport-with-attitude/posts/662122).

As for the rest of the comment, this is how previous FlatOut physics seemed to work and I think its fantastic! You don't want your car thrashed after the first turn, what's the fun in that :D

could at least get someone that could make it a few corners without slamming into everyone

LOL, I had to reply to this one too. Really? Have you played any of the series? It's practically encouraged! ;)

I'm pretty sure he was doing that to show how the cars crumble and how the physics work.

As an owner of every Flatout game, I can't wait. They have always made good, fun, smashemup car games. Flatout 2 is still my favorite car game followed closely by the original Destruction Derby games (different group). I read somewhere that they are going back to the Destruction Derby roots for some of the gameplay in NCG

because in every racing game you're always in the middle of the screen

when i play f1 2013 i don't sit to the left of the pc

I think he meant the driver's viewpoint should be to the side of the car.

Really looks like the good old Flat Out 1/2 games which I really enjoyed! :)

Definitely an Arcade racer, and not a Sim. But it could be fun anyway.

What was that Apocolyptic type racer BugBear had out about 10 years ago? You raced buggies through mountains, caves, and all kinds of stuff. It was kinda fun.

I really need in-cockpit view to really enjoy any sort of racing game though.

Back