VeloSSD caching software

ManofGod

[H]F Junkie
With the Nevolo Dataplex caching software being essentially dead, I was trying to see what good the OCZ Synapse cache drive was going to do me. (Dataplex was bought out by Samsung and killed off back in December, 2012. Thanks for nothing Samsung. :mad:)

I had this drive since August 2012 and have been sort of using it with Windows 8/ 8.1 in an unsupported manner. Well, I started looking for a new caching software package and came across VeloSSD. Let me start by saying, it fully supports everything up to and including Windows 8.1. :D Also, it works great as well.

Caching is very useful viable even today. Sure, I now have my OS installed on a 128GB SSD. But, what about all 600GB or so of games? What about my VHD's for Virtualbox? I want them to run fast as well. With VeloSSD, I am now caching my 2TB secondary data and installation drive and it is quite fast.

With the pro version that I bought for $19.99, I could also use up to a 256GB SSD for caching and cache up to 4 separate drives simultaneously. Hope this helps anyone who may have been looking for something to replace Dataplex with.

Back