Cool Magnetic Video of the Day

Very cool...they act like giant sized buckyballs but without the power of a 1-lb chunk of neodymium (how cool would having a bunch of those be?)

Yeah I have to admit I was expecting a bit more cool value. While it's neat what he created with the multiple degrees of freedom they could rotate, he didn't really do much after that other than go "look they move!" and "Hey magnets stick together!"

i feel like I was watching this entire video waiting for something amazing to happen....

Nah ,Nah, Nah, nope not now, never, ever. I have a little toy thing called a Levitron. Its a gyro top with an axel. You spin it over this magnetic plate and it floats in the air. Frictionless, (except for air drag) it spins for a really long time. Now that's what I'm talkin about, Mag rail stuff.

Are they neat? Yes quite. Are they worth $40 each? F NO. Sorry but that guy is smoking some seriously hard stuff if he thinks that is worth $40 a pop. Now give me half a dozen or so at around $20 and I'm sold.

Nah ,Nah, Nah, nope not now, never, ever. I have a little toy thing called a Levitron. Its a gyro top with an axel. You spin it over this magnetic plate and it floats in the air. Frictionless, (except for air drag) it spins for a really long time. Now that's what I'm talkin about, Mag rail stuff.

While I'm not impressed with the video, your levitron post put me on a good path. The levitron lamp for $150 looks awesome!

Back