Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 GHz Edition

HardOCP News

[H] News
Legion Hardware has the Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition video card on the test bench today. If you are looking for a new GPU, you might want to give this review the once over.

While this isn’t a significant difference, where the Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition does have a real advantage is in its dual-slot design. Both the GTX 780 Phantom GLH and GTX 780 Super JetStream feature triple slot coolers and while they work very well, Gigabyte was able to deliver similar results with their more compact WindForce X3 450 watt cooler.

I thought GHz edition was an AMD naming scheme, not like Nvidia doesn't do enough bs already lol

Seems like a fantastic card. One thing they did well was report overclocking performance. The Gigabyte card did about ~1172 boost clocks. That is about 50 Mhz more than my cards in SLi (implying almost a 1-3 frames advantage given different games). It was also about ~25% on average faster than stock 780. This gives me a lot of confidence since implies that my 780s are already operating at R9 290X speeds as per this review especially at 1080P :D.

speeds is only 1 thing :)
Nvidia and AMD should tell Gigabyte "bad that's not your toy to play with, bad" and swat them with a news paper :p

I might end up picking this card. It's basically the same price as 290X here in Finland but that cooler and speed is really nice combo.

Europe only card?
I don't see it on American websites like Amazon / Newegg / etc etc

I'd assume not. Anyway, I just ordered one. Should get it sometime next week. Not sure if it was worth the extra over the other Windforce variant but at least this one has fancy backplate and it runs higher clock out of the box. -_-

Last edited:
Back