Is Cyber Monday a Good Day to buy A Mac Pro?

Lvdragon

n00b
Now that I know what I want to buy is waiting for Cyber Monday worth it to buy a Mac Pro laptop? Does apple ever discount substantially?

LOL.

Might as well buy it off ebay if you're looking for a discount.

LOL "deals" and "cyber Monday" for computers have not belonged in the same sentence since "cyber monday" was coined.

Apple has a Black Friday sale every year. (Surprised no one mentioned this yet, it's one of their few sales and the only consistent one offered in the US.) They don't do anything for Cyber Monday. The best year-round deals are always from the Educational Store.

You won't ever get a significant deal from Apple or from any third party Apple seller.
The absolute best deals you can get from Apple is from the refurb store. However refurbs are limited, and obviously you'll have next to zero chance of getting any 'new' Mac in there for at least 4-6 months after it drops. However, if you're patient and wait, you can save hundreds... this isn't without other issues though, for instance, there isn't any form of configuration that can be done on refurbs. It does come with the same Apple care warranty and is still eligible for Apple Care extended warranty.

If it has to be new, you can look at what some others have said. You'll never get more than $100-$200 off on a new machine however (whether it's during Black Friday or from the EDU store).

Yes, I am new to Apple. All of the responses are consistent (sigh). No harm in asking. $100- $200 is not worth the wait. Thanks to all responders.

Apple has a Black Friday sale every year. (Surprised no one mentioned this yet, it's one of their few sales and the only consistent one offered in the US.) They don't do anything for Cyber Monday. The best year-round deals are always from the Educational Store.
I never knew about it. Is it better than the back to school sales (which used to be fairly decent before it went to App store credit)?

I never knew about it. Is it better than the back to school sales (which used to be fairly decent before it went to App store credit)?

For most people, yes, since only students, staff and faculty can purchase during the Back to School sale. Last year, most Macs were $100 off, and most iPads and iPods were $30-50 off.

Back