CIA Pays AT&T $10M A Year For Call Data

HardOCP News

[H] News
The NSA steals your data and the CIA pays millions for it. Honestly, I'm not sure which is worse. :(

The C.I.A. is paying AT&T more than $10 million a year to assist with overseas counterterrorism investigations by exploiting the company’s vast database of phone records, which includes Americans’ international calls, according to government officials.

Or the fact that they waste 10 million dollars when they could of put it toward something that mattered. :confused:

Or the fact that they waste 10 million dollars when they could of put it toward something that mattered. :confused:

like paying our debt? I know 10 million is nothing in terms of payment... but it's a nice thought , you know the concept of paying what you owe and not constantly borrowing.

The sad part is that someone receiving a (very high) public salary, thought this was a good idea to blow tax dollars on.

The stupidity and corruption extend to every corner of this increasingly crappy government.

Shouldn't this be "Americans pay AT$T $10M a year for call data on-top of their monthly phone bills" since our taxes are what funds the CIA to hand over to AT$T?

I love how people sarcastically place $ in company names, as if businesses do not exist to profit.

I love how people get their panties in a bunch because of it :p

Didn't necessarily mean to do it to be sarcastic (never use it in Microsoft of anything else). Started just typing ATT and that didn't look right so I just defaulted to $. Maybe I just have a thing against the ampersand ;)

Article title should read:

"American Government taxes citizens to pay AT&T for assistance with disregarding Constitutionally protected privacy"

Or the fact that they waste 10 million dollars when they could of put it toward something that mattered.

Now do be too hasty.

That call data leads to locating terrorists.
Locating terrorists leads to Drone Strikes.
Drone Strikes consume Hellfire Missles.
Hellfire Missles cost USD $68,000 each.
Lockheed Martin sells Hellfire Missles.
That money keeps workers at Lockheed Martin working.
Working Lockheed Martin employees make money to spend elsewhere.
This helps keep other people working.

There is an entire eco-finacial-system involved here and you shouldn't just think of it only from a myopic point of view. Besides, didn't your Mother ever tell you there are children starving in China?

I love how people sarcastically place $ in company names, as if businesses do not exist to profit.

It makes me smile when its a company that I own stock in (and have thousands of dollars or profit).

There is an entire eco-finacial-system involved here and you shouldn't just think of it only from a myopic point of view.

Yeah, it's called the military-industrial complex. What was it Eisenhower said?

Besides, didn't your Mother ever tell you there are children starving in China?

Yeah, they built your IPad.

Why pay millions of tax dollars, when you can just steal like other agencies ?

There is no honestly left....

Back