Entertainment App Lineup For Next-Gen Consoles

HardOCP News

[H] News
Yesterday, Sony announced the eleven entertainment apps that will be featured on the PS4 at launch. Not to be outdone, Microsoft today announced the list of nineteen apps that will come on the Xbox One.

Yesterday Sony announced what entertainment-centric apps would be featured on the PlayStation 4 at launch, and now it's time for the Xbox One to get the same treatment. Microsoft has detailed the different TV, video service, and streaming apps that will be available on the console for each of the 13 markets it will be launching in.

Cool they have entertainment apps too.. I never used those on my xbox 360 since there are better alternatives out there. Its nice to have a single box but I have roku's and apple tv's throughout my house so it's not really a concern for myself.

If the ps4 gets hbo go I could technically remove the appletv from my media room, but I have yet to see a better interface for netflix, hbo go, etc than the apple tv, so I would probably keep it anyhow.

Do people actually make decisions on which system to get based on the apps? I'm purely interested in the games and exclusives.

Now... if it could only stream files from my server... then we might have a use for it.

Back