Spazturtle

[H]ard|Gawd
<proteneer> sup guys
<proteneer> probably pushing core 0.0.51 out of beta
<proteneer> and moving core17 into full fah
<proteneer> if things go well
<proteneer> releasing tomorrow

Soon.

How will this effect team 33? Is this for GPU only?

i'm gonna guess this will mean we won't need the beta/advanced flag on our slots in order to obtain a core17 wu.

will help the team in relation to those that fold GPU and do not have this flag set if that is what it means.

Good deal! Been waiting for 6 months now for it to go mainstream. I'm actually kind of surprised they'd have it finished by the end of the year. I thought for sure it would be early next and that Nvidia would fix its CPU core lock via poor OpenCL implementation before final release.

I guess we can't have our cake and eat it too. :)

Good news: more points for all with adequate GPUs in their system. Can all switch back from beta flag to regular setup and still get Core 17 with all it glory of QRB and huge PPD. Now we still need to get rid of Core 15 WU. Those still can come.

Will these still only fold on Kepler and gcn?

http://folding.stanford.edu/home/changes-in-core17-update-and-move-to-full-fah/

With FAH GPU Core17 taking over the lion share of our calculations, with the older cores (especially core15 and core16) phasing out (as previously announced), we’re rolling out core 17 to full fah (not just adv). This should hopefully resolve the issue that many GPU donors have been seeing in terms of not getting any work, now that Core15 and Core16 jobs are at end of life.

We’ve also released a new update to Core17, version 0.0.52, which is a minor update.

I removed the beta/advanced flag and after letting a current core17 WU finish, deleted the core17 version. I was assigned a core15 WU. I'll leave it that way and post back here if I start getting 17's without the client option for beta/advanced.

A friend of mine just fired up his GPU, no flags, and got Core 17, project 8900, a couple hours ago.

Back