Samsung 840 EVO 750GB

HardOCP News

[H] News
The PureOverclock gang just published a review of the Samsung 840 EVO 750GB. Overall, they say this SSD is an outstanding combination of features, innovation, performance, and price.

Samsung is bringing a few new features to the table here with the 840 EVO SSD, but what’s utterly special that we hope pushes the boundaries further ahead, is something new called RAPID Mode. Sounds simple enough, but the performance increases from RAPID are anything but ordinary. In short, RAPID will move you out of the data transfer slow lane and onto the digital Autobahn like you’ve never before experienced.

SSDs are finally creeping towards (affordable?) storage sized drives. It will be a fine day indeed when SSDs are relatively comparable in size and price to HDDs. Of course around that time the next big thing will be out, though most likely not exactly wallet friendly.

Samsung is killing it! I got the 840 Pro a year ago and absolutely love it. SSDs FTW!

I just got 8 1tb evo's, they're every bit as good as the 840pro's, better in some respects. Write endurance hasn't been measured by anyone yet to my knowledge.

I have one problem with RAPID--it requires running Samsung Magician. Doing so makes it impossible to put the computer to sleep (it auto-wakes at some random time).

If RAPID can work with its cache being repeatedly removed (so I can power down) without penalty, I'll give it a whirl.

Back