Anonymous Plans a Million Mask March

HardOCP News

[H] News
I guess we all know where the FBI will be tomorrow. As far as the march goes, I predict a crowd in the hundreds turning out for the million mask march.

Tomorrow is Anonymous’s Million Mask March. It’s designed as a global series of multi-city demonstrations, although it’s not clear what’s being demonstrated. Here’s the one-line description of the event: “Anonymous, WikiLeaks, The Pirate Party, Occupy and Oath Keepers Unite Marchers, Occupiers, Whistleblowers and Hacktivists.”

Do they even know what they're protesting about? Or is this going to be another "things r bad" protest?

They have a very clear platform regarding what they support. It always saddens me a bit that because they say "Our problems as we see them are caused by a complex multifaceted network of issues, that will require a multifaceted approach to fit" rather than just some 3 word sound byte, some disregard their message.

They have a very clear platform regarding what they support. It always saddens me a bit that because they say "Our problems as we see them are caused by a complex multifaceted network of issues, that will require a multifaceted approach to fit" rather than just some 3 word sound byte, some disregard their message.

I thought the whole idea was to not have a single unified voice.

I thought the whole idea was to not have a single unified voice.

They don't. However, they have millions of voices that coalesce around a core of issues and how to approach them. For instance, Anonymous is universally against Internet censorship or and attempt by moneyed interests or governments to control, alter, or otherwise undermine the free exchange of ideas. Exactly how, when and for/against what is considerably variable.

If you check http://millionmaskmarch.org/ and go to a few of the links (look under Revolt) for many of the things they're protesting against, it shows they're associating with others and organizations who have common and compatible goals, such as Occupy et al. This sort of solidarity is beneficial, and needs to extend outward into the populace to incorporate others as well.

Welp, time to get the cars off the streets, cover up shop windows, lock doors, put the kids to sleep early..

Hasn't Anonymous basically been a pointless and unaimed group that just does random crap and sometimes pretends it has a reason? I'm pretty sure most people who follow tech news knows this. Im not sure why anyone with any credibility would want to be involved in this.

The irony of Time Warner receiving a licensing fee for every Guy Fawkes mask sold. Stupid script kiddies.

Hasn't Anonymous basically been a pointless and unaimed group that just does random crap and sometimes pretends it has a reason? I'm pretty sure most people who follow tech news knows this. Im not sure why anyone with any credibility would want to be involved in this.
Well as far as I know, anonymous was just a joke about the default ID on 4chan, and the mob would work together at times with interesting effect with even innocent escapades like shoe on head livejasmin raid.

Some "hackers" at some point decided to name their group anonymous, but really it was just thousands of middle class Caucasian males mostly in the IT industry screwing around anonymously online for lulz.

Fingers crossed for riot cops using live ammo.

LOL, in the long run, that'd probably be the best outcome. Blood needs to be shed to goad people to action, might as well be the blood of these guys :D

Yeah, except that having a demonstration about a "complex multifaceted network of issues" doesn't mean anything to anyone outside of the people who are already interested, which means that the march is just about getting their stupid masks on TV. They might as well try to re-enact the Thriller dance while they're at it.

Communicating multiple messages about multiple issues works occasionally on the Internet, but for a demonstration you need that sound bite. Otherwise, it just looks to the rest of the world like a bunch of bored kids who need something to do. Why do you think most people didn't give two shits about "Occupy" except in terms of their effect on traffic and business access?

What are they going to do with all their fedoras if they're wearing anon masks?

Put them in their doctor who sticker-covered cars?

effin hippies. stinking up our cities again not knowing what they are doing there in the first place.

all anonymous, and hiding behind a mask..............until you walk back to get in your car......................that has a license plate on it.

Unless it's a just a troll attempt, the sheer amount of idiocy in this thread is amusing.

We should "use live ammo" on them or "let the dogs loose" on people wanting to for peacefully protest?

Yes..it's such a terrible thing these people are doing, most definitely justification to injure or kill people for wanting to peacefully protest.

Unless it's a just a troll attempt, the sheer amount of idiocy in this thread is amusing.

We should "use live ammo" on them or "let the dogs loose" on people wanting to for peacefully protest?

Yes..it's such a terrible thing these people are doing, most definitely justification to injure or kill people for wanting to peacefully protest.

The amount of idiocy is amusing, some people don't even understand blatant sarcasm. :rolleyes:

The amount of idiocy is amusing, some people don't even understand blatant sarcasm. :rolleyes:

Right, sarcasm. I'm sure everyone here who is openly against people wanting to demonstrate / enact their constitutional right is just being sarcastic, and really doesn't feel that way - lets go with that.

Right, sarcasm. I'm sure everyone here who is openly against people wanting to demonstrate / enact their constitutional right is just being sarcastic, and really doesn't feel that way - lets go with that.
The disregard for them isn't sarcasm, people genuinely disregard Anon, the idea that we'd want to see them killed is mostly sarcasm, though I think it would serve their purposes better if a few of them "accidentally" had their skulls cracked. :p

Is their an actual objective to this, other than being put on a list? If you're not doing anything wrong why wear masks? You're kidding yourself if you think that protects your identity. Nothing good will come from this. Even if you had good intentions, the assholes will drag you down with them.

I feel bad for the kids who get sucked into this. Where are their parents?

lol i like this idea. With so many bad laws passed. The more laws we have the more oppressed we really are in reality. Are we really free when we can't even make a camp fire some place without the police on your back. Freedom is a thing of the past. Before 1900 there was freedom. Could roam the range and do whatever you wanted but now it seems like theres a law for everything.

I don't care what they do, I just want the Anonymous "movement" permanently put down. I want these kids to be fucking terrified of the government putting them in a cell or a box because they thought doing some script kiddie shit and associating with 4chan was "social activism". Teach them a lesson the human race will never forget: willful irresponsibility ends poorly.

First of all, are their mommies gonna give them permission to go out? :D

Um...what part of "global" did you miss? This constitution thing you're talking about doesn't apply outside the US or other nations that have a constitution that outlines stuff you're allowed to do.

Anyhow...I hope they don't have a good turnout. Demonstrations always mess with people trying to go to work and do stuff because they clog up streets with human meat and stinky body odors.

Remember, Remember, the 5th of November

I don't care what they do, I just want the Anonymous "movement" permanently put down. I want these kids to be fucking terrified of the government putting them in a cell or a box because they thought doing some script kiddie shit and associating with 4chan was "social activism". Teach them a lesson the human race will never forget: willful irresponsibility ends poorly.
Who pissed in your Cherios Stalin? Remember, there's a small group that decided to call themselves anonymous, and then there's anonymous which just means all the regular schmucks killing time online having fun and occasionally working together for things that motivate a large group.
Babster said:
, except that having a demonstration about a "complex multifaceted network of issues" doesn't mean anything to anyone outside of the people who are already interested, which means that the march is just about getting their stupid masks on TV. They might as well try to re-enact the Thriller dance while they're at it.
Which would be fun too. Why so serious?

Anonymous going out in public to do anything other than protest Scientology is facepalmingly stupid.

Their linkage with Occupy is amusing.

Blood needs to be shed to goad people to action, might as well be the blood of these guys

For action against what?

It's fucking hilariously stupid.

In any truly oppressed country even a few hundred protestors, much less thousands as hoped for, gathered together and masked? There would be a blood bath.

But here thousands can gather, masked or otherwise, and march as long as it's peaceful and done within the law and still people think they live in an oppressed country. March around chanting and crying, "come and see the terrible oppression we all suffer under!"

If they were playing a computer game everyone would be typing "STFU NOOBS !"

I submit the following pic as evidence.

You may be freer then you realize.

131105-million-mask-march-hmed-308p.photoblog600.jpg

I submit the following pic as evidence.

You may be freer then you realize.

131105-million-mask-march-hmed-308p.photoblog600.jpg

Looks like they're going to fall a "little" short of a million people if all they got is maybe 100 at the White House.

Back