Facebook Researchers Trying To Predict Your Break Up

HardOCP News

[H] News
It's comforting to know that Facebook researchers are working on important stuff like this. We can't get a "dislike" button, but they can sit around predicting when you and your spouse are going to break up. :rolleyes:

A Cornell professor and a senior Facebook engineer are claiming to have developed a Facebook algorithm that can accurately identify who you're dating and, especially for new relationships, whether you're in danger of breaking up.

All facebook has to do is find out how many times another person is tagged with the target of the opposite sex, send a message to the person that is targetted and it's instant drama, relationship over. With the gross amount of detail people are posting to facebook, everyone's lies are exposed. Look at those weekly dumbest criminal posts. All from doing something identifying on facebook and getting busted. Herpity derpity doo doo. I say do it, watch as everything becomes chaos. Facebook is an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair.

All facebook has to do is find out how many times another person is tagged with the target of the opposite sex, send a message to the person who is in the a relationship with the one who is targetted and it's instant drama, relationship over. With the gross amount of detail people are posting to facebook, everyone's lies are exposed. Look at those weekly dumbest criminal posts. All from doing something identifying on facebook and getting busted. Herpity derpity doo doo. I say do it, watch as everything becomes chaos. Facebook is an agent of chaos. Oh, and you know the thing about chaos? It's fair.

Fixed.

Shit like this is why I know Google stock is a long term investment, and Facebook is bullshit. There is zero utility in this.

Shit like this is why I know Google stock is a long term investment, and Facebook is bullshit. There is zero utility in this.

You'd think that, yet despite the massive failures of many many magazines, the tabloids are still thriving. People *cough* women *cough* love drama.

If they implemented a 'dislike' button it would only improve the accuracy of their 'relationship termination' algorithm.

I say, "Bring it!" corn-hole professor and FB engineer. The only thing the algorithm will prove is those two are in love with each other.

You'd think that, yet despite the massive failures of many many magazines, the tabloids are still thriving. People *cough* women *cough* love drama.

Whoever bought FB's IPO stock has now made some decent money. Those that bought it when it was like $26 are really doing well.

Back