Lowest input lag?

tpctcn

Limp Gawd
I get it that lightboost eliminates motion blur, but what's the best choice for lowest input lag?

Lag difference between the Nvidia 3D Vision 2 models=undetectable unless you are The Flash or Superman.

How are they compared to CRTs?
Edit: obviously worse, but close enough?

Last edited:
Very generally speaking, more than 300ms of total input lag is unplayable, and 200ms of total input lag is noticeable. Things get interesting below 100ms; professional gamers making a living by making headshots in Counterstrike will detect less than an average gamer, but even the fastest human can't detect input lag below 50ms. Most people can't see it anymore somewhere between 70ms and 90ms.

Here's a review of input lag on the Asus VG248QE (one of the 3D Vision 2 monitors that NCX mentions) where the input lag is reported by prad as 1.6ms at 60Hz and 0.7ms at 144Hz.

CRTs technically have input lag but it's around 14ns (that's nanoseconds, not milliseconds) so you can just say they have no input lag.

Anyone who says they can detect the difference between 0ms and 2ms of input lag is just kidding themselves.

Anyone who says they can detect the difference between 0ms and 2ms of input lag is just kidding themselves.

10443422244_6185ba631d_o.png

Very long ago i gave up on using real facts and scientific arguments to convince people that have neither the hardware nor the brains to tell apples from oranges.:rolleyes:

Or in a similar, but quite different approach:
" GOLD IS BEST!" :cool:

Do not forget the great technical scientific nerd article " why we need 1000fps@1000Hz for gaming"

Very generally speaking, more than 300ms of total input lag is unplayable, and 200ms of total input lag is noticeable...
I guess my total input lag was on the edge of 200ms, beacuse when I switched from my CRT to Samsung 245T, I definitely noticed lag with the new monitor. Measured the lag with the Stopwatch program (I know it is less accurate than SMTT, but the latter wouldn't start on my PC) and it's about 30-40 ms. So, 30-40ms of lag should not be a problem, but when you add that to the total input lag of the system and it may become a problem.

Input lag on displays without lightboost is more than just the technical figure gained by testing equipment. The sample/hold effect and motion blur add significantly to the lag your brain perceives. I suspect this is why despite having more actual input lag, so many lightboost users claim to feel less.

Back