Steam Greenlight Adds 37 New Games

And 160 of the are "16 bit side scrollers".

okay.. maybe on 150.

You know, I have no grasp of how the whole Indie/sidescroller/platformer "thing" has rebooted itself to the extent it has these days, I certainly got all that crap out of my system in the NES era, but god bless em and I salute 'em because it brings money in and benefits everyone.

You know, I have no grasp of how the whole Indie/sidescroller/platformer "thing" has rebooted itself to the extent it has these days, I certainly got all that crap out of my system in the NES era, but god bless em and I salute 'em because it brings money in and benefits everyone.

Peeps are getting paid, people are enjoying them.

I find it amusing that there are so many of them. I did snag "Sire, you are being hunted" - it's quite different. I know the "kids" are hooked on side scrollers -- I'm thinking it's because they missed out on it the first go around. Fun is fun :)

Glass half empty much?

"One asshole tried to game the system, better just scrap the whole thing"

Nope, more of a "hey there's more room for rum" kinda guy. But if one plays the system who says others aren't as well?

Not the first time I've seen freebies given away for votes for greenlight, just saying.

But if one plays the system who says others aren't as well?

This dev wasn't exactly able to hide their cheating of the system. Anybody that does a cursory google search should be able to make a judgement about any cheating it or any other game that's been greenlit has done without having to assume they might all be bad.

I'm sure there are some good game in there, but I'm not going to sort through the indie pool to find the one or two I might like. I don't see the point of shoveling a bunch of games out all at once except to pump up a meaningless total number.

I might pick up Ikaruga if it goes on sale for a couple of bucks.

Means very little when you take into account things like Day One Gary's Incident.
Developer offering up game keys for votes...

I know this video was posted to another thread but I think it needs to be seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfgoDDh4kE0

i am merely a game consumer, with too many choices, and not enough time.

i need to prioritize. this video needs to be seen by everyone who hates buying shitty games.

I have had more fun with some of the indie greenlight games than I have had with full fledged AAA games. Can't wait for Grindea. I LOVE Inquisitor but man.... that game is hard for even me. Not sure I can take much more of it.

This. So much this.

I'd like to see proper versions of Radiant Silvergun and Silhouette Mirage as well.

after ikaruga, radiant silvergun was ported to the xbox 360 (xbla) so they will certainly dump it on steam next.

I'm vastly underwhelmed with most of the greenlight games.
I have come to the conclusion most titles are overly ambitious and don't deliver. Once a game is greenlit it seems the developers take their own sweet time finishing the game while releasing alpha version that are buggy and don't have any of the cool features you have been waiting on. I know this is part of what the process is. But it seems they continually build hype and expectation and delivery very little. So you wait months and the game is STILL in an alpha stage with no finish date announced.
So you wait. And wait, and wait, and wait............

Greenlight doesn't mean a game is in Alpha or Beta. While some of them are, many other Greenlit games are complete.

Back