Apple's Top Secret Desert Data Compound 'Pillar'

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Okay Apple, what are you up to in the Oregon desert that’s so all powered secret that you have so much security in place? Your new Pillar complex is starting to scare us a bit since you are starting to look more like the NSA rather than an Apple data center.:eek:

Everyone has places like this, I have been to a Microsoft facility or two that I would say had fucktons of security.

It even has privacy berms so no one can photograph anyone loitering outside or what is being loaded/unloaded into it. My guess is this thing's a combination datacenter and doomsday bunker. ;)

Everyone has places like this, I have been to a Microsoft facility or two that I would say had fucktons of security.

Well that is good to know. At least some random douche won't walk in and wreak havoc.

Well that is good to know. At least some random douche won't walk in and wreak havoc.

Well, when you think about it, all those Windows Updates have to come from somewhere - one person gets in and alters one and countless millions of PCs are suddenly compromised.

Does not look too much heavier than some of the heavy-duty Colos that I have been to... Always love the huge double man-trap gates for vehicles that lift out of the ground before swinging open...

Everybody has that one high security datacenter in the States that they show to customers in order to convince them to buy something 'similar' in an open rack in an unguarded broom closet somewhere overseas.

Apple keeping secrets? You mean the company that basically made their whole business on doing things in private before introducing them to the public that Apple? This shouldn't be news. They have done this with iDevice and store whats the difference?

Pillar......anyone watch Revolution? Pillar and Tower seem kind of similar. Get ready for the light to go out. lol

Yeah, looks like Google, and Facebook, and Intel. All have facilities in Oregon with similar signs.

I'm much more interested in Apple's Secret Desert Tata Compound personally.

Or a Yoyodyne Propulsion sign. Disappointed.

All that's missing is a "Trespassers Will be Shot" sign.

Back