Canonical Releases Ubuntu 13.10

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Overshadowed just a bit by the rollout of Windows 8.1, Canonical made a bit of history on its own this week by releasing Ubuntu 13.10, or Saucy Salamander, if you prefer, which will unite both the PC and smartphone.

Canonical is touting the Ubuntu 13.10 release as the "first step to mobile [and] PC convergence" as it unites all devices.

Mark Shuttleworth is a fool if he thinks it'll ever survive in the mobile markets. He's contending with Android there.

Yea I'll be using Mint or Steam OS.

I'm sorry...but talking about a knee jerk reaction...comparing it to Mint sure whatever...but saying you prefer a non-existent OS to Ubuntu is a bit silly don't you think

And since you brought up steamOS, Valve chose as an official test bed Ubuntu until steamOs is ready...that should say something

Personally i wish them good luck, competition is good

PS. @ cannonical: We need More config options in Unity...:mad:

I'm sorry...but talking about a knee jerk reaction...comparing it to Mint sure whatever...but saying you prefer a non-existent OS to Ubuntu is a bit silly don't you think
Not really no. The reason is because if I use SteamOS then it's because the OS is built specifically for gaming. The only problem I would have is the UI, and that is easily fixed. Cause again, it's linux.

The only reason I'd use SteamOS in the long term is that somehow Valve really put a lot of effort into it. Otherwise it's for the performance tweaks and low latency that they claim. It's also likely a derivative of Ubuntu.
And since you brought up steamOS, Valve chose as an official test bed Ubuntu until steamOs is ready...that should say something
Yea cause much like Mint, the SteamOS is a derivative of Ubuntu. While Ubuntu is a derivative of Debian.

Keeps things nice and simple when you need PPA's and don't want to compile your own stuff and hunt for .debs.

i just switched to a windows phone because i'm trying to get off google, this might actually work for me ^ ^

waits for next mint release

>> the OS is built specifically for gaming

LOL.haha.o good one. It's just YALDBOU/D

Back