Best monitor for max os X

j3cam

n00b
Hello,

I'd like to buy a monitor for my with this caracteristics :

• Size between 21,5 and 24"
  • stylish !
  • semi gloss or glossy (or "light" anti glare), to have rendering ​​close to the imac , without reflexion if possible and to have beautifull text !
  • price : under 200€ / 220$
  • better with vesa (to add a mini itx on its back).
  • VA or IPS

For photo editing, games and web most of the time !

I fear that 1920x1020 will be to small for 24" or more with mac os X (event if my actual Hazro HZ26wi (IPS 25,5" A-TW 1920x1200) is OK with windows 8 !).

Thank you for your advices !

Last edited:
I'm in France, so I could buy it in France, Germany or UK ! (I bought my Hazro in UK few years ago ! )

what about these monitors ?

HP 23x or 22x (+ stylish, -anti glare -flicker) , AOC i2369vm or i269vm (+ stylish, anti glare ? flicker), BenQ GW2460HM or GW2265HM (+flicker free, +semi glossy -not stylish), dell s2440l or s2340l or s2240l (glossy, too much glare ? flicker free?) , Acer H236HLbmjd (glossy, too mcu glare ? any review at this time) or V236HLbd or V226HQLAbmd, LG IPS 24> 22 ? samsung ?

2+ for BenQ... (too bad they are not more beautiful). No pwm for Acer H226HQL ! (and H236HLbmjd too ?) http://www.extrahardware.com/acer-h...ensive-and-glossy-ips-without-pwm/strana/0/10

So Two strong candidates : Benq and Acer

edit : Benq2460HM isn't semi glossy ! and PWM for Acer H236 !

Last edited:
Shorter list :

- Acer H226HQLbmid (+/- glossy, +Flicker free, -small)
- GW2265HM (+Flicker Free, - small, - not stylish))
- Dell S2340L (+/- glossy, - flick, + stylish)
- AOC i2369vm (+almost semi glossy, - flick, + stylish)
- GW2460HM (+flicker free, - not stylish)

What I fear :
- 21″ too small
- too much reflection with glossy screen
- lack of sharpness with matte screen
- eyestrain with pwm (I’ve never used a led monitor, and it will be used by all family (children !). Is there a lot of people that are sensitive to flicker ?

Last edited:
Monitors of the list are about 160€ and apple cinema 27 is about 900€

Shorter list :

- Dell S2340L
- AOC i2369vm
(same price for me)

So I've just have to choose between a glossy and a light matte screen now !

You could also consider the new Dell monitors P2314H or P2414H. Nice physical adjustments and good contrast for IPS. My personal opinion is that glossy is unsuitable for everything except the most stringent of lighting conditions. You see light in front of the display, it's going to be reflected.

http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_p2414h.htm

I bought the P2314H for use with OS X. It's really nice---no PWM that I can tell by waving my hand at reduced brightness or filming it. The anti-glare treatment is [l]much[/l] more gentle than the U2412M's that I used to use---not grainy or obnoxious at all. Colors out-of-the-box are good compared to TN crap I've used (but I'm not editing photos).However...

1. When using DisplayPort, you have to use a popular Ruby script to strip the EDID so that you get RGB colors instead of YPbPr colors. (Five minute fix--easy.)

2. It appears the stripe (sub pixel) order is B-G-R instead of R-G-B, meaning fonts do not (cannot) render correctly is OS X because OS X does not have a way to compensate for non-RGB ordering. This is a stupid limitation of OS X, and in researching this issue I found that someone had similar comments about the 4K Sharp monitor that Apple sells on its web site.

I took a screwdriver to the stand mount plate and flipped it 180 degrees, then set the OSD to rotate 90 so that it's readable. I'm not sure this is the greatest configuration for it as far as cooling is concerned, but it does make it usable on the Mac.

Before:
11989532244_30f3ecf68e_z.jpg

After:
11991155035_326f688a72_z.jpg

11991569423_50791413e7_z.jpg

Last edited:
OMG, big fail on Dells side ...
why even make BGR monitor?

I posted to their support forums and they're apparently investigating. I doubt I'll hear anything further but I'll be sure to post if I do!

Back