Battlefield 4 12GB Installation Recommended on Xbox 360

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are an Xbox owner anxiously awaiting Battlefield 4, now would be a good time to upgrade that 4GB Xbox 360 you have. ;)

The first time you start your game, regardless of which disc you use, you will be asked to perform a required installation of 2 GB worth of game content to your hard drive. In addition to the required installation, each disc has additional content you can install to your hard drive for better performance.
  • The Multiplayer Disc, or Disc 1, has an additional 6.6 GB of content
  • The Single Player Disc, or Disc 2, has 5.8 GB of installation content.
We highly recommend performing these additional installations to make sure you have the best experience possible in Battlefield 4.

not too surprising. This was always a potential thing given microsofts choice to use DVD instead of bluray

Games get bigger. No surprises here. I recently backed up my local steam files for Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2. I think each one took around 20GB.

With user-upgradable hard drives, this shouldn't be an issue. Oops! :p

With user-upgradable hard drives, this shouldn't be an issue. Oops! :p

I went from the Arcade model with 4GB built in and added a 320 GB drive. Same with my son's XBox. So much cheaper to buy the base model and upgrade to a larger drive.... I upgraded my PS3 from 40GB to 250GB, too....

Those arcade models are now becoming extinct. The games are being released that make them useless without an upgrade.

Back